Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By climb22
      OK for those unfamiliar with the New Order, It's a Mod for the grand strategy game Hearts of Iron 4 set in a universe where Nazi Germany won World War 2. The Soviet remnants managed to retreat fairly intact and wage an effective resistance culminating in the West Russian War in the 1950s which saw Nazi German government almost collapse due to an Economic Crisis and the rebellion of SS units under Heinrich Himmler (exiled to create his own  giant SS concentration camp/state in Burgundy). Only the splintering of the Soviet remnants prevented their victory and saw Russia balkanize into warlord states (some with their own air forces). England is a vassal state in this Universe under Edward VIII and in a tense standoff with an independent Scotland and Wales. Ireland is within the German Sphere, while Italy, no longer a German ally after Mussolini's death, largely controls Mediterranean and is heading towards a confrontation with a United Iberia and Turkey for total supremacy in the Mediterranean. the Empire of Japan has managed to escape Germany style stagnation and become an industrial power rivaling the United States (thanks to its corporate tech innovation and brutal control of China and Maritime Southeast Asia) and is increasingly trespassing in German affairs in colonial Africa, and U.S affairs in Latin America.

The 1950s west Russian War campaign would be fairly easy to create, with just Me-262s, Arado Jet bombers for the Luftwaffe and some P-80s (lend-lease) and Mig-9 Fargo for the Red Air Force, perhaps a squadron of some MiG-15s (due to Soviet defeat and German economic crisis, European aviation industry severely lagged behind and in the start of the game only few Russian warlord states have aircraft inventory while Nazi Germany still largely operates somewhat modernized versions of Schwalbe and Hortens.)

The start of the 1960s Cold War would be the most interesting part due to the German Civil War, Great Afrikan War (West, Japan and Germany's proxy conflict strongly mirroring the Vietnam War) and the Oil War of 1970 but would be far harder to emulate as that's where newer fighter models of the Luftwaffe begins to enter service (not available in the downloads section lol!) but I guess there could be some stand-ins (Mirage F1s and Super Etendards since the Vichy French regime aren't allowed an Air-Force and their military uses German gear so it's not Far fetched French Aviation engineers would be closely tied with the Luftwaffe.) 

There are a lot of potential to utilize the extensive array of fictional and What-If aircraft in the download section, and I'm curious what are your thoughts on this? 

(photo credit Metallist-99 on deviant art)

• By CheckSixCharlie
      Hello! My name is Elchfisk and I am new to the COMBATACE forums in general, but I wanted to showcase something I designed and am in the process of working on.

The Vought F-119 Vanguard, influenced by designs within the TFX (Tactical Fighter eXperimental) Program, which led to the development of the F-111, was considered to be a tri-service answer to the project. A high power, variable sweep fighter aircraft that would essentially replace the mud moving roles of the Aardvark, and the standoff interception capability of the Tomcat.

I'm new to Strike Fighters 2 modding as a whole, and I would love for this to be the first project I undertake in that scene. Is there any documentation or anyone that could teach and assist me in how to mod in an entirely custom aircraft like this? I'll keep this thread full of work-in-progress photos in the meantime, but if any experienced modders could reach out to me, I'd really appreciate it.

Before I go for now, here's another image of one of the several models, specifically the J79 equipped variant, showcasing the very unique wing setup, and variable sweep:

• By Dornil
      A bare metal skin for Cocas' what-if MiG-17K.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..