Sign in to follow this  
NIELS

Speech not working all SF2, Wox installs?

All sounds work except speech in all of my SF2 installs? Engine noise, Weapons, Explosions all good. No Speech from from ATC, Wingman, FAC, Infantry???? Have tried reboot of PC, checked sound system, all files and folders as they should be? Going nuts with this issue - PLEASE HELP! :scratch:

NIELS

Edited by NIELS

FAC (I didn't know infantry talked to you, though I don't remember that from WoX either).doesn't exist in SF2 anymore, so there's no worry there. As for the rest I don't know, did you update your sound drivers? I mean I don't use wingman so I can't help you with that. Also what did you get? SF2 Complete? Or the separate installs? My sounds work fine as I have SF2 Complete.

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for getting back EricJ - All my latest installs have been SF2 Complete installs. I can get speech to work with other media players but not Windows Media Player. However, when in sim the speech still does not work with alt players i.e. VLC Media Player, etc.. Inside or outside sim 'No-Joy" with Windows Media Player??? Was working fine a week ago. Accomplished a Win 10 update a few days ago, maybe this is what 'Porked' It. Have tried several fixes via YouTube - "No-Joy". When I select trouble shooter it states 'Media corrupted'. I followed all procedures via YouTube - No work!

Feedback appreciated EricJ, Thanks!

NIELS

Oh that's what you mean... I never really touch the sound files outside of the  game, unless it's in my current search for a better afterburner sound for the Super Hornet pack. But that aside maybe the update did pork the sound files. I think you'll need help from somebody else then as I don't mess with that stuff. I have Windows 11 and for the most part haven't had any issue listening to the sounds in the Sounds in the mod folder. As for the predone ones I haven't touched that.

Edited by EricJ
  • Thanks 1

OK - Finally got it figured out - Went into my speaker settings and reset everything back to 'Factory' settings. 

Thanks again EricJ for your help. And thanks once again for all your outstanding additions to this series!

Hope all is well, NIELS :salute:

• Like 1

No problem man :ok: