Hello !

Please is it possible to reverse the rotation of the roll indicator for the red side HUD ?

P.

62435816917b1_Sanstitre.jpg.c7e678669980f95671997826499b407d.jpg

Based on my experience not the simple tga way as it is established, you need a separate mesh for that in the pit.lod, then it will work. That is how the Su27 and Mig29 pits were made with it.

Edited by logan4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the technology DLLs were very specific to the aircraft they were intended to support. As Third Wire never intentionally released flyable red side aircraft with cockpits, the DLLs needed to support red side avionics don't exist. I haven't messed with the HUD dll in a long time, but I recall from playing with the MiG-23 parameters that there isn't too much you can change: either the function you need exists and works the way you need it to, or it doesn't. To the best of my knowledge, no one has tried to produce modified DLL files, which would be an interesting possibility if someone had the skills.

• Thanks 1

Ok my friends ! I understand why it is not possible directly... many thanks logan4 and streakeagle ! :drinks:

• Thanks 1

When I was younger, I had the patience to use hex editors to analyze exe and dll files. I was tired of putting a CDROM in to load a game and used a tool to step through the code to find where the cdrom check occurred. I used a hex editor to change the command to jump to the address used when the CDROM check was passed. I am not that determined anymore. I wait for someone else to solve my game problems or live with the issue at hand. Back then, I did scan the avionics DLLs looking for all of the possible functions in case some existed that had not been utilized. But Third Wire was very efficient, generally making the bare minimum required to support the aircraft released.

• Thanks 1