Sign in to follow this  
gaw

create a site specific mission

Quick combat gives us all the variables one could wish for....save one unless I err (hope so).  I'd like to create missions (save as scenario) over the water....the textures of reflections, splashed bad chaps, and the possibilty of a bbq on the beach are irresistable.  The devs have given us moveable waypoints in "Campaign" mode...and I've irresponsibly drug #1 over the beach just for the visuals. Any way to designate a beach point in quick combat, "combat" over the water...or to a specific place?  Done the mountains in Alsace....wonderful, but failed to push QC encounters over the water....and then be able to save them... "save as scenario"....to go back and relish the beauty of this sim.   I've enlisted in RNAS and the water's there on occaision....but would love to custom make an appalling dogfight over the beaches at will.....try to survive and go back again till I get it right....an "edge of tomorrow" version for WOFF!!!   Thx.....GAW

Just choose an airfield right on the coast and do a "combat mission" which occurs near your airfield  (rather than "over the lines").

For example choose England as the location, and choose Dover airfield.   

There are a few airfields near the sea in France too of course Flanders/Calais for example, or Petit-Synthe or St-Pol-sur-Mer near Dunkerque.

Just go through and look at their position on the map.

You could also sign up in campaign, find which squadrons are at St-Pol-sur-Mer, then when you get a mission near the sea, perhaops move a waypoint out a bit as you say, fly it and if good then exit.

Then copy the OFF_Camp_Mission.xml file from 

...\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\missions\historical  folder

to 

...\WOFF\OBDWW1 Over Flanders Fields\missions\scenarios\Britain  if you are flying for Britain.  Then access it in scenarios.

Edited by Polovski

What Pol said. :biggrin:

Also, once you have copied the OFF_Camp_Mission.xml file, you can then edit it any way you please to modify waypoints, add or subtract aircraft, change time of day, etc.

For further guidance, look in the readme file for JJJ's Mission Editor. There is a section on creating and modifying scenarios.

thx all.....haven't plumbed JJJ's mod.....but thank you Pol and BB....will do!  Much Obliged!!!

Well.....thx to you guys...this has been a game changer.  I realize it's anathema to purists on campaign.....but the ability to save the heart stopping missions, and replay them, to Scenarios is marvelous.  Droning on thru missions where nobody shows up for the dance much of the time....and I could feel the ennuie that no doubt those guys did....until there was another murderous scramble that you manged to survive, or not.

Next experiment is to try and save a campaign mission where I die to scenarios, if it's even possible, and see if I can beat the reaper??  The only variable I've seen replaying saved missions is weather....which seems to change at random....maybe a setting in Workshops?

Anyhow....THX!!!

Saving a mission when your dead is not possible - but you could go to QC and choose an airfield nearby and save Scenario.