Sign in to follow this  

So I am playing WOE Iran/Iraq campaign and when I go on a mission to “destroy a warehouse” the warehouse isn’t there. The red square of where it should be is there but nothing but a vacant piece of land. I wind up bombing the heck out of the red square but it’s only when I ask my wingman to attack my target do I get the mission complete statement. 

ive has this problem with ground objects missing before (SA-9, BRDM) type stuff but was able to find and replace them. Not sure where to look for “WAREHOUSE”.... any help would be greatly appreciated 

The warehouse is a stock object in game. In the terrain IraqWA it is part of the desert.CAT file. The problem, which you descripe, seems to me that you have not this file.

Thatswhy my question: Which SF2 games do you have?

Edited by Gepard

SFP 1 Wings over Europe.... Iran/Iraq campaign. I’ve changed nothing in the IR terrain file. I have all buildings and ground weapons showing up just not the target (in this case warehouse)

Edited by plague

Okay.

Look for file: IraqWA.ini in terrains/IraqWA folder

open file IraqWA.ini with Notepad editor.

Look for line:

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

change it into

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

add following line below //CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat :

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

save the file.

I figured it out, thank you for the tip which ultimately led to the solution. The config file for the IR terrain didn’t have the line written to reference the GermanyCE.cat file.... I just added that line to the config file and all is good 👍🏻

One other question that maybe you would know. I am unable to access this site at all unless I turn off my WiFi. I downloaded a bunch of planes/terrains the other day then all of a sudden it stopped going to the site. I thought it was down for the past week only realizing to turn off WiFi today. Do they lock out your IP address after a certain amount of downloads?? Will this fix itself in like 30 days or so? Thanks again for all your help. I’m learning a lot about this game and hope to be a solid contributor one day 

Edited by plague

This question do you should ask to an Admin or to the founder of this site. Best is a PM.