TMF F-14 radar...sort of

Update - sorry, forgot to mention you also have to go into the Cockpit INI and change the [RadarScope] NodeName from =radar_screen to =vdi; see pic.

-----

Third Wire's F-14 was nice but didn't have a dedicated RWR display.    The Mirage Factory's F-14 was fantastic, but the radar doesn't work anymore.  Both are needed, and a fleet defender that's sans-radar is pretty useless.  

I edited the INI for TMF's F-14 (see first pic) and spliced in the avionics from TW's F-14_82.  So now TMF's awesome cockpit has a working radar, sort of....

Problem:  TW's radar image is too large for TMF's radar display screen, so the edges are cut off.  I'm guessing you can only see about half to two-thirds of the radar image.  See pics for comparison.  Besides not seeing the full radar display, important target data along the edges are cut off also.

Does anyone know how to scale down the TW radar image to get it to properly fit in the TMF cockpit display?  I haven't had any luck

Thanks

F-14 Cockpit INI w Radar Scope Modded.jpg

Sorry, I can't help with your specific question about scaling the radar image.  But I've been spending a bit of time trying to get better at flying TMF F-14's and I'm curious about comment about the radar not working anymore.  I haven't experienced any problems getting radar to work.  But in your screen caps of the cockpit view, you're getting the radar TID repeat to appear in the Vertical Display Indicator (VDI).  In the TW and TMF F-14's that I've played with, the radar is always in the lower Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) screen.  Could that be part of the problem you're having?

Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By bop1701
      Update - sorry, forgot to mention you also have to go into the Cockpit INI and change the [RadarScope] NodeName from =radar_screen to =vdi; see pic.
      -----
      Third Wire's F-14 was nice but didn't have a dedicated RWR display.    The Mirage Factory's F-14 was fantastic, but the radar doesn't work anymore.  Both are needed, and a fleet defender that's sans-radar is pretty useless.  
      I edited the INI for TMF's F-14 (see first pic) and spliced in the avionics from TW's F-14_82.  So now TMF's awesome cockpit has a working radar, sort of....
      Problem:  TW's radar image is too large for TMF's radar display screen, so the edges are cut off.  I'm guessing you can only see about half to two-thirds of the radar image.  See pics for comparison.  Besides not seeing the full radar display, important target data along the edges are cut off also.
      Does anyone know how to scale down the TW radar image to get it to properly fit in the TMF cockpit display?  I haven't had any luck
      Thanks

• By RustyKurnass

View File TMF F-14A_82 SF2NA Skin pack
      TMF F-14A_82 SF2NA Skin pack
      Tested in SF2NA, Full-5 Merged and based on 1977Frenchie and Blackburn32 great skins.
      I've started this skin in order to have the correct skin for the VF-14 and VF-32 cruise on USS Independence in 1982-83 ( comprised the crisis in Lebanon)  and VF-11 and VF-31 embarked in USS J F Kennedy in 1982 and USS Forrestal in 1986 for The Mirage Factory F-14A_82,to be used in the campaign of SF2NA Expansion Pack and SF2 North Cape
      Few decals are modified from the original skins of Blackburn32 and/or 1977Frenchie, but the majority was done by me.I've also added the correct ( more or less) gun gas vents in place of the incorrect NACA ones.
      ==========
      To Install:
      As always ,all in the relative folders in your game(s)
      As these skins was designed to replace those already done by TMF/1977Frenchie/ Blackburn32, If you will preserve the old ones, please made a back-up of the latters as the folder in this pack share the same folders names and will overwrite all

-----------------------------
      Credits:
      TMF, Blackburn32 and 1977Frenchie for the F-14A and skins
      Me for the decals and the small improvements
      If I've forgot someone,please let me know please!

------------
      Know issue:
      As always I tried to be the more historically precise as possible, but I miss some squadron's Bu.Nos/modexes and some skins have decals for just 10 planes out of the 12 standard for a Navy Squadron...sorry!

--------------------------------------------
      Legal note:
      This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware addition.
      -------------------------------------------
      Gianni "RustyKurnass" Coniglio

Submitter RustyKurnass Submitted 08/15/2021 Category F-14  
    • By RustyKurnass
      TMF F-14A_82 SF2NA Skin pack
      Tested in SF2NA, Full-5 Merged and based on 1977Frenchie and Blackburn32 great skins.
      I've started this skin in order to have the correct skin for the VF-14 and VF-32 cruise on USS Independence in 1982-83 ( comprised the crisis in Lebanon)  and VF-11 and VF-31 embarked in USS J F Kennedy in 1982 and USS Forrestal in 1986 for The Mirage Factory F-14A_82,to be used in the campaign of SF2NA Expansion Pack and SF2 North Cape
      Few decals are modified from the original skins of Blackburn32 and/or 1977Frenchie, but the majority was done by me.I've also added the correct ( more or less) gun gas vents in place of the incorrect NACA ones.
      ==========
      To Install:
      As always ,all in the relative folders in your game(s)
      As these skins was designed to replace those already done by TMF/1977Frenchie/ Blackburn32, If you will preserve the old ones, please made a back-up of the latters as the folder in this pack share the same folders names and will overwrite all

-----------------------------
      Credits:
      TMF, Blackburn32 and 1977Frenchie for the F-14A and skins
      Me for the decals and the small improvements
      If I've forgot someone,please let me know please!

------------
      Know issue:
      As always I tried to be the more historically precise as possible, but I miss some squadron's Bu.Nos/modexes and some skins have decals for just 10 planes out of the 12 standard for a Navy Squadron...sorry!

--------------------------------------------
      Legal note:
      This package may NOT in any way, shape or form be used in any payware addition.
      -------------------------------------------
      Gianni "RustyKurnass" Coniglio

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..