Sign in to follow this  
goose814

WOFF BH&H II Fatal Error

I have been running WOFF BH&H II off and on for about a year now without any issues. I added a triple monitor system and have been running that for about 2 months with no issues. The latest version I was running was either v1.27 or v1.28. After installing v1.30, I got this message:

629fc33b2cbc8_WOFFBHHIIError.jpg.425353e151da124ffad33a6be0993a99.jpg

I had to completely un-install and re-install WOFF BH&H II, as well as, the v1.30 patch. The game ran fine for several training missions. I exited the game and tried to start it again later on and received the same fatal error message. I read the FAQ's info and searched this site with no help. Does anyone have any ideas that may help or if it may be a v1.30 issue? If not, my next task is to go through un-installing and re-installing again and progressively trying earlier update patches and see if it starts occurring again and with which patch.

Welcome, Goose.

Did you try sending your WOFF logs to OverFlandersFields support? 

If not, hopefully Polovski will soon come around to help you out. 

16 hours ago, BuckeyeBob said:

Welcome, Goose.

Did you try sending your WOFF logs to OverFlandersFields support? 

If not, hopefully Polovski will soon come around to help you out. 

I have not, but because of your suggestion, I searched through for them, and came across the WOFF Toolbox. I ran it and saw the options. I tried out the "Clear Registry" and was able to start the game. I haven't determined the issue exactly yet but it is one of the options I am selecting under the Workshop that is causing the fatal error to occur. I just have to start selecting my options one at a time until the error occurs again to see which one is causing the issue.

There is also an option to reset settings somewhere in the Workshop menu. You could also try that. 

I have never seen the particular error you seem to be having, but it sounds like something is failing to initialize. Make sure that you aren't running any mods.

Also try sending Polovski a private message to let him know you are having problems. Things have been very quiet on the WOFF forums lately, so he may not be checking the threads as frequently as before. You can tell him I sent you! :biggrin:

Edited by BuckeyeBob

3 hours ago, BuckeyeBob said:

There is also an option to reset settings somewhere in the Workshop menu. You could also try that. 

I have never seen the particular error you seem to be having, but it sounds like something is failing to initialize. Make sure that you aren't running any mods.

Also try sending Polovski a private message to let him know you are having problems. Things have been very quiet on the WOFF forums lately, so he may not be checking the threads as frequently as before. You can tell him I sent you! :biggrin:

Thanks, it is much appreciated. Yes, there is a default setting in the workshop to reset all the options. It appears the "Clear Registry" in the WOFF Toolbox does the same thing. Every time I use it, the options in the workshop default to the initial install settings. I just have to systematically determine which option I'm selecting that triggers the fatal error. I won' be able to check until tomorrow but it shouldn't take long to figure out.

Good luck. There are a lot of options to go through. 

Just out of curiosity, what weather are you using, historical or AI generated? The last patch fixed something wrong with the AI weather generation system, so if you are using that, perhaps the last patch is the culprit? 

You might save yourself some time by posting in the Technical Issues thread at the simhq.com forum. WOFF seems to answer questions a little faster there. 

5 hours ago, BuckeyeBob said:

Good luck. There are a lot of options to go through. 

Just out of curiosity, what weather are you using, historical or AI generated? The last patch fixed something wrong with the AI weather generation system, so if you are using that, perhaps the last patch is the culprit? 

You might save yourself some time by posting in the Technical Issues thread at the simhq.com forum. WOFF seems to answer questions a little faster there. 

I use historical weather but I finally figured out the issue. In the workshop options, under "Multi Monitor Use",  "Left" is the default selection. I was selecting "Center" since I have three monitors and figured that would be appropriate. I could play the game just fine but when I would exit and go back to it, I would get the error. So, if I leave it alone with "Left" selected, I have no issues. Thank you for your assistance and suggestions.