Default skin for Sopwith Triplane
Eugene2, in Thirdwire - First Eagles 1&2 File Announcements
Would it be possible to put a photograph in your cockpit? Often pilots are shown to have a photo of a loved one inside their cockpit attached to the dashboard to remind them of home, give them inspiration, etc. Would it be possible to stick one in a cockpit through some kind of texture edit or something?
Our team has finished the development of the new update 5.004, and it is released. Sopwith Snipe and many updates.
The year 2022 is drawing to a close and we did our best to bring you a new update on Christmas Eve. It bears the number 5.004 and adds the Great War Collector Plane Sopwith Snipe to our series. It is a late war aircraft equipped with the most powerful Bentley BR2 rotary engine, producing up to 234 horsepower. By comparison, the Sopwith Camel fighter's Clerget 9B engine produced 130 hp. At the same time, however, the Snipe is 200 kilograms heavier than its predecessor (more than a quarter). Overall, the new fighter is more stable in flight and has better speed and climb characteristics. Everyone who has purchased an airplane now has the opportunity to master it and use it in combat.
In addition to the new vehicle, in update 5.004 we are releasing two AI armored vehicles for the Normandy and Bodenplatte projects - the M8 Greyhound and the SdKfz 234/2 Puma. You'll find new scenario missions for Churchill and StuG III in this update, they were created by community enthusiast super-truite and his friends. More than 80 improvements were made to the "Western Front, Spring 1918" map, which is in the early access phase and is currently being finalized. There are a number of other improvements and fixes to player controllable aircraft, tanks and artificial intelligence. A complete list of changes in the version 5.004 follows:
1. The Sopwith Snipe, a Royal Air Force collector aircraft from the final phase of the Great War, is now available to its owners;
2. Battle of Normandy AI armored vehicle M8 Greyhound added;
3. Battle of Normandy AI armored vehicle SdKfz 234/2 Puma added;
4. Scenarios for collectible vehicles Churchill and StuG III added (super-truite);
5. Mk.37 rig model for the 5'/38-gun Mk.12 on the Bayfield and Liberty ships updated;
6. Fixed a bug in the aircraft AI leading to incorrect maneuver choices and incorrect aircraft behavior in aerial combat, which was especially noticeable on WWI airplanes;
7. AI pilots correctly climb while maintaining formation;
8. AI pilots controlling high speed capable aircraft are less likely to use risky high-altitude maneuvers at lower altitudes (previously these could led to a collision with the ground);
9. AI pilots should better avoid collisions in some maneuvers, especially in a frontal attack;
10. The tail section damage texture has been fixed on all Bf-109s;
11. The placards were corrected along with other minor improvements on Bf-109 E7, He 111 H6/H16, Ju-87 D3, Spitfire Mk.Vb/IXe/XIV (Oyster_KAI);
12. Incorrect operation of GUI information bar in player controllable tanks has been fixed;
13. C-47A: a number of visual inaccuracies and technical problems with the aircraft model has been fixed, including the shape of upper air intakes on engine nacelles;
14. C-47A: phosphorescent cockpit instrument illumination restored;
15. C-47A: fixed a bug with a broken window when the landing door is opened for bailing out;
16. C-47A: fixed a bug in the bail out animation that caused crew members to visually appear outside the cockpit for a moment;
17. C-47A: added a feature to align engine flaps with the flow;
18. C-47A: a fixed bug with radio compass working on powered off aircraft;
19. Me 262A: fixed reflections in cockpit instruments;
20. Stug III Ausf. G gun now takes more time to reload if the loader is unbuttoned;
21. Crew gestures have been added for the Churchill IV and the Stug III;
22. Stug III Ausf. G - fixed an incorrect position of the machine gun after loader's death, if it was in anti-aircraft position;
23. Stug III Ausf.G. - corrected wrong animation of the side correction input control;
24. Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G - main gun reloading sound aligned with the visual animation;
25. Mission editor: skins which consist of several textures are correctly displayed in the skin list;
26. It is possible to shoot off the trunk behind the turret on Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M, Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G, Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H and Churchill IV;
27. It is possible to shoot off the commander cupola on the Tiger;
28. Range of smoke grenade launchers corrected for all player controllable vehicles;
29. Improved sorting of visual effect particles;
30. Western Front map, Spring 1918: Treizennes airfield added;
31. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Clairmarais airfield moved;
32. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Ferme airfield is renamed Filescamp Farm;
33. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Droogland Airfield moved to square 0205-8;
34. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: removed second Epehy;
35. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: added bridge to the fortress in square 0408-9;
36. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Hoog Huys manor added;
37. Map of Western Front, Spring 1918: added Ferme manor;
38. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Removed flooded railroad track;
39. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: corrected railroad tracks in square 1202;
40. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Hoog Huys Airfield moved;
41. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: Filescamp Farm airfield moved;
42. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: added homestead near Droogland airfield;
43. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: corrected wrong track crossing in quadrant 0305-8;
44. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: improved appearance of Thionville Steelworks East and Thionville Steelworks;
45. Western Front Map, Spring 1918: the village of Crochte has been renamed Merckeghem;
46. Western Front map, Spring 1918: Hondschoote village renamed Esquelbecq;
47. Western Front map, Spring 1918: Droogland village moved to square 0205-8 and renamed Winnezeele;
48. Western Front map, Spring 1918: Kemmelberg village moved to square 0207-5 and renamed Kemmel;
49. Map of the Western Front, Spring 1918: Aire is renamed Aire-sur-la-Lys;
50. Map of Western Front, Spring 1918: 25 obstructions on road network removed;
51. Map of the Western Front, Spring 1918: 15 wrong dead ends on the road network were removed;
52. Western Front map, Spring 1918: corrected 18 problematic entrances to railroad bridges.
And to see the Snipe in action, check out our Youtube channel:
Our team has finished the development of the new update 5.003, and it is released. This time we will launch three new pieces of new content at once.
The first object is the C-47 "Skytrain" we have talked about in Dev Blog #331. This big guy has been developed together with Yugra Media company which created the 3D model of the cockpit and updated the external model of this aircraft. It wasn't easy, but this plane is interesting to become familiar with. This most popular military transport plane of WWII is now available in Pilot's Career mode during the Normandy and Rhineland timeframes. You'll be assigned missions like Cargo Delivery, Special Forces Paradrop and Cargo Paradrop (the second and third mission types can occur both during daytime and nighttime in Normandy career). We're hoping you'll enjoy flying it.
The second one is the Western Front 1918 map created for Flying Circus Vol. 2. At this time the flyable zone corresponds to the Rise of Flight map while the buildings and objects are placed in the two most important zones as it was planned for FC Vol.2: Amiens - Lille - Saint Quentin (North-West) and Thionville - Saint Dizier - Nancy (South-East). Both WWI maps, Arras and the new Western Front one are available to owners of either Flying Circus Vol.1 and Vol.2 as we have promised during the project announcement. We hope to continue WWI development in the future and complete the scene along the frontline. For now, the map is WIP even for FC Vol.2 and the development of Career and Advanced Quick Mission modes for it are ongoing. The Quick Mission mode for it is already available, while Yugra-Media continues improving the map itself.
The third new arrival is StuG III Ausf.G - we have talked about this steel German beast in Dev Blog #333. The modeled assault gun was created by MIAG factory using the Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M chassis produced by MAN factory. This combat vehicle is the popular Ausführung G version. The most mass produced modification, numbered around 7800 units. They were armed with the 75mm StuK 40 L/48 gun with artillery periscope and equipped with Schurzen side armor sheets, smoke grenade launchers and an infantry MG34 stowed in the fighting compartment which was operated by an unlucky loader who had to expose himself to fire it.
The completion of StuG III allows us to present new Tank Crew editions: Premium and Deluxe. Tank Crew Premium Edition offers the complete Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka experience by adding 4 Collector Vehicles to the already impressive list of 10 legendary combat vehicles. A detailed Prokhorovka map and two campaigns of the original Tank Crew. This Premium Edition is available on our website. The Deluxe Edition is available on Steam and includes Battle of Stalingrad in addition to all this. Either edition offers huge savings compared to purchasing its contents independently.
Of course, this is not all. For instance, Steel Birds campaign has been updated to accommodate the new tactical numbers system and is now available on Steam. There are dozens of other additions and fixes and the work on improving Great Battles continues. The full changelist follows:
1. The "Western Front, Spring 1918" map is available in Early Access to all customers who pre-ordered Flying Circus Vol. 2 and to all owners of Flying Circus Vol. 1 as we promised at the time of the announcement. Quick Mission mode works already, the work on finalizing the map and implementing the Pilot's Career and Advanced Quick Mission modes for it continues;
2. The C-47 "Skytrain" transport plane is now available to all who have pre-ordered it. In addition to QMB and AQMG modes, this aircraft can be selected in Normandy and Rhineland Career mode timeframes;
3. The German StuG III Ausf.G assault gun is now available to all who have pre-ordered it;
4. AI-controlled tank Pz.Kpfw. V Ausf.G Panther added;
5. AI-controlled Morris C9B self-propelled anti-aircraft gun with Bofors 40/L60 cannon added;
6. AI-controlled Universal Carrier Mk.II added;
7. The variety and historical consistency of aircraft and tank tactical numbers in Quick Mission, Advanced Quick Mission, and Pilot's Career modes increased;
8. Added the ability to remove external fuel tanks on player-controllable T-34 and SU-122;
9. Smoke grenade launcher functionality added on player-controllable Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.M, Pz.Kpfw.V Ausf.D, and Pz.Kpfw.VI Ausf.H1;
10. Improved structure damage modeling of WWI airframes under load (their G-limit drop from rifle caliber bullet hits is not as drastic as before).
11. The target distribution in AI aircraft groups has been adjusted. Priority targets like anti-aircraft guns are engaged by one to four planes in the group depending on the leader's AI level, other wingmen will choose other targets;
12. Steel Birds historical campaign has been updated. All flights are assigned tactical numbers according to the time period and specific unit, many other fixes and improvements were made;.
13. The animation of guns in turrets when switching positions has been corrected.
14. Turrets return to default positions when the crew leaves the plane.
15. The cocking animation when reloading the magazine has been restored.
16. Dynamic damage hit marks correctly appear on auxiliary armor panels on Fw 190 A-8, Fw 190 A-6, B-26B55 and others.
17. IL-2 mod. 1943: formation lights won't visually double at a distance.
18. USS Gleaves: torpedo launcher effects are aligned with its position.
19. USS Gleaves: torpedoes in the water are visible at a distance correctly.
20. Custom paint schemes won't have tactical numbers automatically assigned.
21. Normandy videos now have subtitles in Russian, Chinese, German, Spanish and French.;
22. Career ground attack aircraft escort missions won't be randomly generated in a corner of the map.
23. AI-controlled Ordnance QF 17-pounder gun now aims correctly.
24. Churchill IV gunfire sound replaced by a more suitable one.
25. PzKpfw IV Ausf.H is correctly visible at a distance.
26. PzKpfw IV Ausf.H model updated in many ways.
27. The PTK commander's panorama on SU-152 works correctly again.
28. Churchill speed indicators corrected.
29. Ferdinand gunner station now has a mirror for the bubble level indicator.
30. Ferdinand station notes (in-game help) updated.
31. Previews for T-34 mod. 1943 skins restored.
32. Fixed an error in submarines' torpedo launching algorithm, which sometimes caused the torpedoes to explode prematurely.
33. Radiator leakage effect excessive brightness has been reduced.
34. AI pilots won't sometimes taxi after landing in the wrong order.
35. AI pilots whose aircraft are unable to land will now be put at the end of the landing queue.
36. Tank fuel tanks can catch fire even if the engine is knocked out (previously this was blocked to prevent effects doubling).
37. In a case of MG misfire in a player controlled tank the cocking sound can be heard.
38. The disappearance of techno chat messages in Dogfight that could occur in a next flight after bailing out has been fixed.
39. Parachutes appear in multiplayer correctly when there is a wind.
40. The death animation of the A-20 top gunner has been corrected.
41. Yak-9 and Yak-9T: corrected the appearance of extended landing gear warning lights.
42. The rear landing gear of Flying Circus airplanes leaves a correct sized trail on the ground.
43. GUI: the operation of the armament panel in the HUD when there are multiple switchable positions has been corrected.
44. GUI: fixed HUD elements "blinking" at commander's seat.
45. Airco DH4 wreckage appearance has been corrected.
46. Damaged Gotha G.V. airplanes look correct at a distance;
47. Mission Editor: Entente and Central Powers units are displayed in blue and red respectively.
48. Mission Editor: Entente and Central Powers countries are correctly displayed in the Order/Opposition lists in the object properties of the Location type.
49. Mission Editor: the Move Camera to Object command for objects in the mission tree now has a keyboard shortcut Shift+RClick. The right mouse button click with Shift on an object in the mission tree will move the camera to this object.
50. Mission Editor: the Set on Ground command now works recursively for objects in groups and for groups within other groups.
51. U-2VS: a missing rocket on the left wing was added to ammo variants #20 and #29.
52. Tactical number colors were corrected in scenario campaigns.
53. Bomb and rocket aiming helpers won't jitter when enabled.
View File Photorealistic default skin for Geezer's Martinsyde G100/G102s
Photorealistic skin for excellent Martinsyde G100/102 (all modifications) by Geezer.
I tried to add some "photorealistic" textures for more impressive image of this aircraft.
Submitter Eugene2 Submitted 07/03/2022 Category Other Entente Aircraft Skins