GKABS

KAF Advanced Weapons in Support of Eurofighter Typhoon Aircraft Program

WASHINGTON, July 21, 2022 - The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Kuwait of Advanced Weapons in Support of Eurofighter Typhoon Aircraft Program and related equipment for an estimated cost of $397 million.  The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today. 

The Government of Kuwait has requested to buy sixty (60) AIM-120 C-7/8 Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missiles (AMRAAMs); two hundred fifty (250) MK-84 General Purpose 2000LB bombs; five hundred one (501) MK-83 General Purpose 1000LB bombs; three hundred fifty (350) KMU-556 Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) tail kits for GBU-31V1 2000LB bombs; seven hundred two (702) MXU-667 Air Foil Groups (AFG) for GBU-48 Enhanced Paveway II (EPW-II) 1000LB bombs; and seven hundred two (702) MAU-210 Enhanced Computer Control Groups (ECCG) for GBU-48 Enhanced Paveway II (EPW-II) 1000LB bombs. Also included are FMU-139 Joint Programmable Fuze Systems; AMRAAM containers; weapons support and software; inert munitions, trainers, and training equipment; bomb components; spare, repair parts; personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation; U.S. Government and contractor engineering, technical, and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistical and program support.  The estimated total cost is $397 million.

This proposed sale will support the foreign policy and national security objectives of the United States by helping to improve the infrastructure of a Major Non-NATO ally that has been an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East. 

The proposed sale will improve Kuwait’s ability to meet current and future regional threats.  Kuwait intends to use these missiles and munitions with the Eurofighter Typhoon fleet it is acquiring.  Kuwait has shown a commitment to modernizing its military and will have no difficulty absorbing these weapons into its armed forces.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, donnykrun said:

Is this the same GK that used to make models for Jane's USAF?

Yes it is, you caught me lol 😆

Good to see your still modding GK. I used to make mods and missions for Jane's FA back in the day. I did some work on Jane's USAF think I mapped a model for you back then don't remember if I finished it. You've made a lot of nice content buddy thanks!

Happy to see you around @donnykrun, was a good game and good time too.:drinks:

• Like 1

GK are you using 3ds Max R9 to make your models? I've only got Blender 2.9 was playing around last night with some WW2 aircraft. Made a fictional Memphis Belle B-17G

B17G_screenshot1a.png

Wow! Kuwait will get a lot of nice things and boom!-toys! My congrats.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donnykrun said:

GK are you using 3ds Max R9 to make your models? I've only got Blender 2.9 was playing around last night with some WW2 aircraft. Made a fictional Memphis Belle B-17G

Nice looking Memphis Belle B-17G.

Sadly no I use 3d max 2009.

absolutely correct. and I never tried Blender I am just old school 3d max :lol: 

21 hours ago, donnykrun said:

I've only got Blender 2.9

Blender is very nice and has a gooooooooood price! veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery goood price. Zero dollars! We have an export plug in for SL from Mue. I tested it on blender-2.79-windows64 and it works fine. i dont know is it work on new wersion. I afraid that not. You need to ask Mue

• Like 1

Yes I want to check out that exporter. I use 2.9, but I can open my .blend files in older versions for export. I just need to decide on a model to export. It appears to me they have all of the WW2 aircraft I care about. I might make a tank or half-track for testing.

• Like 1

This was a 3d model I made to print on my 3d printer for the grandkids. I was intended to resemble the American halftrack that Marx toys had in their WW2 playsets back in the late 1960's. I think I will map it and use it for testing

m3a_halftrack1a.png

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:37 AM, donnykrun said:

American halftrack

Сооl! i d like to see it in game)