Sign in to follow this  
av8or2016

Seeing interval and ripple settings with no HUD

In SF2 Vietnam, there are a few planes where if I fly with the "Hard" HUD setting, I don't seem to be able to figure out how I have my air to ground ordnance configured. For example, in the F-8E, I can tell when I have a Mk-82 selected, but I don't see any visual indication in the cockpit to tell me if I have 1, 2, 6, etc set for the ripple setting, or anything for the ripple interval. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Out of curiosity which plane are you flying?

Well admittedly I don't fly it, but hopefully, somebody here can chime in where to look for it.

Your best bet would be to use Normal HUD (as it is also better in my opinion) and then just turning it off with ALT+D

I just looked around the F-8E cockpit and found nothing that shows my ripple interval and quantity

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The message bar that appears at the bottom of your screen when you select flaps or gear or other such aircraft activity will tell you what weapon you have selected, what the ripple quantity is, and what the interval is. You don't see this information on screen all the time, but you do see it when you select the three parameters: weapon type, quantity and interval.

In the A-7E, you can scroll down the cockpit and see the parameters registered on the weapon panel. But I have never felt the need to see them after selection. You know what your target is, you select 1000lb bombs, you select four, you set the interval to 100. Goodnight Vienna.