Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

HOTAS is Collecting Dust ...

I love this forum, and appreciate the work the mod developers have done over the years to keep a humble sim going. I remember buying Wings Over Europe at a Big Lots store and then, a few months later, buying Wings Over Vietnam. My memory is a little foggy but I remember mods from Fast Cargo, Wrench, a slew of others, and then I think Fifth Column? Can't remember. They released the NATO series (I think). I've always had fun with this sim. 

Until recently. Got busy and the HOTAS started collected dust. So, here's how my last few missions went down.

The mission was for a flight of A-7s to provide close air support - no problem there. 

My wingman was ready to go and so was I! So, I pushed my throttle forward.

Nothing.

Everything was plugged in right ...

That's right! It's the other throttle,

Nope, not that one either ... Are these things even being detected by the game at all?

I pull the trigger and blow up some stuff on the deck.... oops

Okay that mission didn't happen ... nope. We'll just uh, check the settings and try again.

New Mission - the first mission. Close Air Support ... no problem.

My wingman was ready and so was I. Pushed the throttles forward and get off the deck.

I raise the landing gear ... the tail hook drops.

I raise the flaps ... the air brake deploys

I retract the air brake ... I'm told that the wheel brake can't be set while in the air.

I turn on the radar .... and my wingman goes down.

Okay that mission didn't happen either.

New Mission - the first mission. Close Air Support ... no problem.

My wingman was ready and so was I. I pushed the throttles forward and get off the deck.

I raise the landing gear and the flaps.

I got the radar on.

No one is dead yet. ... Progress

It's going to be a long flight and I need to skip the time ... no problem.

... it's CTRL and something ...

no it's SHIFT and something ...

... no it's ALT and something ...

... or it just a button ... yeah it's just a button.

Guns set to caged mode ...

Map Screen opens up ... I'm off course

Flares got dropped

Chaff got dropped

Flares got dropped

Radar range increased

Radar mode changed

Flares got dropped

Map mode activated I'm headed toward a new country all together.

... ALT + N ... riiiight

So, know we're over the action! My squadron destroys the enemy forces with ease ... I helped till the soil in certain places ... but I got some kills too.

All right time land on the carrier!
Hook down, wheels down, flaps, ... the carrier decided to make a left turn ... and I bounced off it like a basketball.

Y'all I was laughing so hard myself. I hope that little anecdote at least gave you a chuckle.

• Like 1

Your computer is cursed. An exorcism must be performed. My game has worked since 2009 and continues  working until 2022. I play every day. Keep in mind that the game is old and needs to be adjusted and tuned. In addition, you could lose your pilot skills. Try to get your pilot's license again. In our country, a pilot's license must be renewed every two years. To confirm your private pilot license, you need to fly 45 hours according to the program. The PPL certificate of the ICAO sample is issued by the State Aviation Administration. And you want to immediately get on a plane and fly after many years. That won't work

Edited by bazillius