Sign in to follow this  
clim995

Did the AMRAAM get nerfed?

I vaguely remember the old modern warfare campaigns the AMRAAM seems to be the king of anti-air missiles, launching at 90 nautical miles with a guaranteed kill rate combined with the superlative F-22 Raptors made a very infuriating but interesting gameplay flying REDFOR Sukhois and MiGs. I recently made a new install incorporating Menrva's F-22A and for some reason, the AMRAAM that came with it feels somewhat like an upgraded Sparrow. Pitting F-22s against F-22s, the opposing Raptor seems to be able to dodge AMRAAMs (twice), unlike the guaranteed 100% kill rate it had before (the only effective countermeasure is to hide behind a physical barrier like a mountain). Perhaps it's just me or did the performance get downgraded?

Edited by clim995

Open *YOUR_AMRAAM *_data.ini file and change to:

Accuracy=100

LockonChance=100

CounterCountermeasure=100.000000

NoiseRejection=100.00000

MaxLaunchG=9.000000

LaunchReliability=100

And you will be happy. But it will be not realistic. Bet happiness is more important than realism is it? So do.

and if you change

MaxTurnRate=180.000000

you will can hit the target even if it will flies behind you after shoot  :biggrin:

Edited by bazillius