Sign in to follow this  
Carter28

Enemy Migs No Missiles.

Never had this happen in all these years and normally i would wipe out everything and reinstall but i was wondering what caused it.

I did the usual fresh install of WOE from the disk, applied the usual patches, Range,  the classic Weapons Pack, and NATO Fighters I through IV.  Same as it's always been.  Three flights into the 79 campaign and i notice Mig 21s and 23s taking off with no missiles. Instantly i know i screwed up somewhere and prep to reinstall. But first i figure i'd ask on what might have happened so to avoid repeating the error.

The order of operations matters. As an example the weapons in NATO fighters may override the Weapons Pack. Check the weapon ini files and ensure the correct LODs are referenced as a weapon may load without a 3D model but the airplane still has the weapon available.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Righteous26 said:

The order of operations matters. As an example the weapons in NATO fighters may override the Weapons Pack. Check the weapon ini files and ensure the correct LODs are referenced as a weapon may load without a 3D model but the airplane still has the weapon available.

I suspected as such when it came to NATO Fighters and the Weapons Pack. Tomorrow i'll reinstall everything sans the Pack and see what happens. I suspect everything should be fine.  

Check each file in the list when Windows prompts you to replace files. It is very easy to overwrite things you want to keep. I keep the weapons I want to use most in separate folders and copy them last. I also remove redundant weapons.

Check the attachment type in the MiG data files. It should look something like this. Ensure it reads AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET. If you intend to use Chinese weapons then you must add ,CHINA to that line as well.

[RightOuterWingStation]
SystemType=WEAPON_STATION
StationID=2
StationGroupID=1
StationType=EXTERNAL
AttachmentPosition=2.68,-1.49,-0.42
AttachmentAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0
LoadLimit=500.0
LengthLimit=3.5
AllowedWeaponClass=BOMB,RCKT,RP,IRM,FT
AttachmentType=WP,SOVIET
ModelNodeName=WingPylon_Outer_R