combatace444

black squares during smoke need help please

i am using new lap core i5 11260h GPU 4GB RTX 3050 and when fine guns i found black dots (gun shells)  and when being hit i found black squares as per attached photoeaw...bmp

what shall i do ?

No Idea.

Looks like the transparent color is not transparent. (It appears the trees are the same way?)

Maybe its a setting on your newer video card that I'm not aware of.

What renderer are you using in EAW, Software, D3D or Glide?

Are you using any Wrapper programs?

Edited by MarkEAW

no i do not use any wrapper programs, yes i think the cause is from my video card because i had a problem in another game (jane's usaf ) which is an old game.

i dont' know what to do

Neither do I. It might be a simple setting in the Nvidia Control Panel, or might not be.

Maybe use a Wrapper, maybe a nGlide or a D3D one and set your game to use which ever mode (renderer) you'll be using. Its in the eaw.ini file in your games folder.

nGlide I think installs to the windows system folder by itself.

Other Wrapper programs should be pasted in the game folder or close by for easy use and configuration.

You'll have to set the eaw.ini file to Glide mode, I forget right now what number it needs to be set too. See my Help docs.

The renderer i am using is direct3D.

the game works but as i found the graphics is poor and i found black dots falling when firing guns.

i tried dgVoodoo but nothing changed even i did not find vodooo watermark in the game 

Yeah, dgvoodoo I never got the directx part to work either on Win10.

Try nGlide and use the Glide mode in EAW.

8 hours ago, MarkEAW said:

Yeah, dgvoodoo I never got the directx part to work either on Win10.

Try nGlide and use the Glide mode in EAW.

I tried nglide and used glide mode, it removes the black on tress.

But it is not full screen and it is zoomed in too much in external view and in cockpit (not full cockpit appears)IMG20230507214115.thumb.jpg.e94a5c9b165242a70cd87cb54969b364.jpg

1024x768 I think is the res you want in EAW.INI file.

You can change the res in nGlide to exceed what you have in the eaw.ini file.

Your image looks as if its using pillars, thats what it suppose to do to keep things square.

It might be too close depending on the version of EAW your using, which version are you using?

Edited by MarkEAW

1 hour ago, MarkEAW said:

1024x768 I think is the res you want in EAW.INI file.

You can change the res in nGlide to exceed what you have in the eaw.ini file.

Your image looks as if its using pillars, thats what it suppose to do to keep things square.

It might be too close depending on the version of EAW your using, which version are you using?

I changed my nglide 2.10 configurator and eaw.ini into 1024x768 and I got the attached.

It seems zoomed out but still did not fit the whole screen as you see 

IMG20230508203154.jpg

I tried eaw 1.28 and got (very wide) and still not full screen. 

I tried 2 different windower programs but I found that no mouse cursor 

Its called aspect ratio. The game was designed for square CRT monitors back in 1997.

I think theres a way to stretch it so it looks sort wide, but really is not.

Might be a Nvidia control panel setting under the scaling options. Its under Adjust desktop size etc... on the left...under scaling...Your monitor can scale or your vid card can do it, or no scaling.

(I'm doing all this from memory as you really need to read my eaw help site to get the details). I'm to lazy at the moment to do all the looking up stuff again and again. :)

But if you need more help, keep asking..I don't have a problem with it.

OH:

You can have higher res in the eaw.ini if your using DX mode....so if you can try out a DX Wrapper maybe you can get what appears to be a wide shot from the cockpit.

Please read my different Help Documents on my site.

https://eaw.neocities.org/

Edited by MarkEAW
higher res in DX

10 minutes ago, MarkEAW said:

Its called aspect ratio. The game was designed for square CRT monitors back in 1997.

I think theres a way to stretch it so it looks sort wide, but really is not.

Might be a Nvidia control panel setting under the scaling options. Its under Adjust desktop size etc... on the left...under scaling...Your monitor can scale or your vid card can do it, or no scaling.

(I'm doing all this from memory as you really need to read my eaw help site to get the details). I'm to lazy at the moment to do all the looking up stuff again and again. :)

But if you need more help, keep asking..I don't have a problem with it.

Mark finallyyyyy I have managed to make it works well (the best I can)

Using dgvoodoo and changing graphics to glide with resolution 1280x768 (decreasing to 1028 makes it more wider)

Thank you for your kind assist

2023-05-08_23.06.24.jpg

Um, cool. I'll try to be more proactive in the future. You caught me at a sloooowwww time.

Have fun.