TheJetfighter

Install/Run Jetfighter IV: Fortress America on modern PCs?

Hello everyone!

Thanks for let me join the page. This is my first post in the forum and I hope I can get some light in this issue. 
I've been a fan of the Jetfighter saga since the nineties and so far I've been able to play all the games of the saga on modern PCs except Jetfighter IV: Fortress America.
I have tried different VMs (VM Ware, VirtualBox) with different windows versions (98, XP, 7, Vista) and different JFIV releases.
On some cases I could run the game to the point to actually get into flying. The problem is that it get extremely slow with a flickering image.
Has someone been able to successfully run JFIV on a modern set up? If so, what would be the process? 

Thanks in advance for the comments.

OIP._qvk3c3tsa0d8eHlccDuVAHaI8?pid=ImgDe

Interesting project.

I don't remember the preferred graphics driver for this? D3D? Glide?

You may need to google around for a graphics wrapper depending on what graphics settings can be selected.

For games like this I have a multiboot rig so I can run Win XP and Win 7 native rather than under a VM. Not sure if you have that option.

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment.

9 hours ago, DoctorQuest said:

Interesting project.

I don't remember the preferred graphics driver for this? D3D? Glide?

You may need to google around for a graphics wrapper depending on what graphics settings can be selected.

For games like this I have a multiboot rig so I can run Win XP and Win 7 native rather than under a VM. Not sure if you have that option.

Sorry I can't be more help at the moment.

According to the game's box, it requires Direct X compatible 3D accelerator. For other games I use nGlade as the wrapper. 

I haven't tried the game on a native windows (95, 98, XP) boot.

What software do you use for multiboot? 

jf4-req.png

That's a game I've not seen in a long, long time. Oh the memories.

• Like 1