Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

DCS: F-15E released (Early Access)

The F-15E, developed in the mid 1980's, is a dual-role fighter designed to perform air-to-air and air-to-ground missions. An array of avionics and electronics systems give the F-15E the capability to fight at low or high altitude, day or night, and in all weather. The F-15E is the USAF's premier strike fighter still in use today.

The F-15E delivered fighter aircrew several first-time capabilities. Its APG-70 radar, based on the very capable APG-63 from the F-15A-D, boasted a synthetic mapping capability that literally created pictures of the target based solely on radar imaging. A self-contained, networked electronic warfare suite gave the aircraft self-protection capabilities. Bringing this all together and placing battlespace information at the hands of the crew, a sophisticated, air-to-ground with an ergonomic cockpit layout that was developed to take full advantage of the latest technology and advances in such areas with Multi-Purpose Displays. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/f-15e/

dcs-world-flight-simulator-25-f-15e.jpg

• Like 1

It looks great, but it is early access, so a lot of things are missing and/or don't work as they should.

I have two problems with this modules:
1. There isn't going to be an AI WSO back seater.
2. I can't remove the CFTs to make it more like an F-15C for air-to-air.

Both of these facts were announced before I bought it, so I was not surprised.
But after having the very useful AI RIO in the F-14 and the somewhat useful AI gunner in the Mi-24, I expect something similar for the F-15E.
For some reason, the F-15C has never been made a full module, so I would very much like to be able to use an F-15E without CFTs as a slightly heavier substitute.

In its present state, the cockpit and external model look amazing.
When the avionics are fully functional and work correctly, it will make people who loved Jane's F-15 Strike Eagle very happy.