Sign in to follow this  
TheRandoGuy

EAW120 goes into Windowed mode. Help?

Hi everyone,

After a long time & many attempts in trial and error in getting EAW v1.20 working on my Windows XP retro machine with Intel graphics i successfully managed to pull it off by using DxWnd with EAW12 (Stock)-DXWnd found on Mark's website and OpenGLide 009rc7 for glide graphics. But I face a new problem. When I'm flying the game goes into some kind of Windowed mode I'll post a screenshot of it so folks know what i'm talking about. So, my question is how do I get rid of it and get full screen while flying?

Problem.bmp

Edited by TheRandoGuy

Should be a setting in the   OpenGLid.ini (open with notepad)

I think its CreateWindow=0 or InitFullScreen=1 They are both toggles, 1 or 0.  1 for on.

Make sure your using Glide Mode in the eaw.ini file too.

• Like 1

Ok I'll mess with the OpenGLid.ini file later and report back. As for Glide Mode, is DisplayDevice=2  glide mode? I set graphics to glide ingame and during flight it looks like i'm getting glide.

Edited by TheRandoGuy

Update. InitFullScreen was set to ! and CreateWindow was set to 0 by default and yet ingame window is in almost full screen windowed mode lol

Fixed it by bumping up the resolution to 1024x768. Call me crazy but i prefer it at 640x480 for this game, but oh well. Last question Mark, is there a way to disable mouse cockpit view rotation? it's annoying.

I think if you reassign the mouse to something else it won't control the camera view. Never tried it.

My guess overall, is your using DX mode right? If your using the DxWnd Wrapper? (I'm Not sure how you use open glide with it.)

Anyhow I believe I set the stock game so it's configured to run in a window. If you go to modify the settings , then go into the MAIN Tab in DxWnd, and un check "run in window".

https://eaw.neocities.org/files-my-downloads.html
For my preset DxWnd Wrapper settings.

EDIT:

Also on the VIDEO Tab click 8 BPP if using full screen.

https://eaw.neocities.org/troubleshoot-wrappers.html
For troubleshoot the wrappers.

Edited by MarkEAW
8 bits, links