Falcon1364

Type 625A/625E SHORAD 1.0.0 Tracers do not appear

Hi everyone,

I hope that all is well. I have a question about the Type 625A/625E SHORAD 1.0.0 system. For some reason, the tracers for this system do not appear. It is only air bursts. I checked the tracers in Data.ini but could not find any mistake. Do you know what can cause this issue and how to resolve it? Thanks a lot. 

Its a fused round. The game engine doesn't allow fused rounds to have tracers for some reason. You can edit it so it's not a fused round and the tracers will now show but you wont have any flak going off. The work around is to create two guns in the same spot. You give them half the rate of fire each, so the combined rate of fire is the same as what the one gun should be. One of the two gun you make fused and the other is not so it's tracers show up. If the weapon system in question has dual or quad guns you need to do this for each and every gun. You will also need to half the max ammo capacity of each gun as well. I have used this mod on the 40mm DARDO ship CIWS gun as it fires fuzed rounds with tracers and can destroy incoming cruise missiles. A CIWS type gun in SF2 with just fused rounds will never hit a cruise missile.

Edited by dtmdragon
  • Like 3

Had to thanks for the heads up from dtm dragon. 

Apparently the version on the download page is not the latest, so when you contacted me, I assumed it was due to mod environment differences. My fault. I will update it later.

Or in the meantime, you can set Timefused to FALSE in the gun's data.ini
:drinks:

• Like 1