Sign in to follow this  
TheRandoGuy

EAW 1.30 download?

Hi everyone,

Where can i obtain EAW 1.30? can't seem to find this particular version anywhere to download.

Thanks

Edited by TheRandoGuy

oh look, someone alive :) lol

As far as 130, I think it was just a exe file, not sure if he ever released a public archive for it.

I may have a copy of an archive of the 130, but I think anything 130 and above, you should just get the 160.
Its more of the same modding features in the later builds.

There defiantly wasn't any hardware support upgrades provided. The main reason for these updates is just if they contain gameplay upgrades.

Why do you feel you need 130?

(I'll look to see if I have some type of a 130 archive, if you really want it still): 

Edited by MarkEAW
  • Like 1

Lol, Hello again Mark. Well i just wanted to archive it no real reason other then that tbh. I'd even like to get a hold of 1.40 too if that's possible.

I've found 130, but its in like 10 archives, and I'm not sure how they install to make a single game....if they even do that. I'll keep looking into it.

You may want to contact someone at the code group forum or simhq UAW sub forum, they may have a much better understanding as they will have more old game archives then I.

(Like I said, anything 130 and above your just going to want 160 as the leap up of the version numbering.)

I have 140 somewhere , or one of its archives, not sure I have the last 140 or not. EDIT: Looks like I don't have a recent 1.40 archive at all. 

I also just ran into a 1.28b Glide 3 exe...I may post that last one here on combat ace dls. EDIT: Would you like to test this exe for me on Glide 3 Mode?

Edited by MarkEAW
  • Like 1

Okay I found 130 (12to130) and 140 archives, but there are many of them, best to contact the code group, perhaps they have a single download of these old versions for you.

I even found a 130to140 archive or two, but the 140 is an very early version/build of it.

• Like 1

Alright, well the  b version of 128 may actually be a 1.28d 1024 Glide 3 exe....I'll have to confirm it by installing a d version and replacing the exe first.

Can you pm me your e-mail address, to send the 130to140 archive?

EDIT:

Never mind I uploaded it to the 140 folder.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1jopd2lcgp6cu/v140

Edited by MarkEAW
  • Like 1

Thank you! Also a special thanks for all your help previously in assisting me with EAW on my old XP machine earlier this year. it was a massive effort but it was worth it in the end. If you celebrate it, have a great Christmas and a great new year.

Cheers.

Edited by TheRandoGuy

Well I found the 1.30 Test release available from 11-25-2013. This is about 6 files/archives to go from v1.2.

Then there's a bunch of un sorted updates and addons for it after that.

I could combine it all, or at least try to get it right, considering there's over 20 archives.
There does not appear to be a guide to update the 130 beyond the initial placement of the game.....

Many multi part archives came from Sandbaggers and had sequential numbering, like 000, 001, etc. They have to be put into a single folder and inside the first archive there's a recombine batch file which when run will recombine all archives into 1. No idea if this still works in newer operating systems.

VonBeerhofen

Thanks VBH.... I'm aware of the Sandbagger multi part stuff. I had to recombine much of it when building my file archives, that's not related to what I'm talking about. Those I think worked to recombine on win7 and win10 i think still, I think they where mostly windows command line usage, or dos batches, which case I may have used dosbox.

The 130 archives I have are not from there. I forgot where and how I got it. Its in 7z self extracting and 7z zips. 130 was mostly jels project I guess.
It appears to have a non-oaw setup for a custom frontend to configure and launch. Might have been near the first to use it.
It looks like the 130 was mostly a test bed and has alot of patch updates for it.......

No doubt.

I have a short list on what and the order of the archives that should be used. But its just too short to cover all the 130 addon/update archives.

I may or may not get too it, depends how much hair pulling I want to do today or the coming days. :)

• Haha 1

I was on a sabbatical pursuing other interests when 1.3 came out, so I never had it up and running but this is my understanding of it (mainly from Mr. Jelly I think}:

"EAW had always worked on a system of 30 aircraft slots. Any skin or 3dz files containing "p38h" were in the first slot, and any containing "V1V1" were in the 30th. This meant that the files were locked into slots. Not only that, but the flight model system was unhelpful. There were 30 individual flight model "flt" files, one for each slot, from "p38h.flt" to "V1V1.flt". Unfortunately other flight data files such as "planes.dat", "loadout.dat" and "pnames.str" covered all 30 slots. It was aggravating for modders.

However, during the development of 1.28D the Code Group found a way to break up those single files, such as "planes.dat", which contained data for all 30 aircraft slots. As a first stage, we were able to replace these with individual files for each plane. As a result we started working on an entirely new exe that could make use of this critical breakthrough. Principally through work done by Knegel, an exe was compiled which took the slot-free idea to its logical extent. The slots ceased to be named by or identified with the characteristics of particular aircraft (single, two engine etc). All thirty aircraft slots from 00 to 29 now had the full capacities available in any the previous particular slots. Any aircraft slot including the V1 slot could manage single and multi engine setups, props or jets.

This release was intended to be a public testing of the slot-free concept
."

The great knock on from the slot free achievement was the introduction of new and additional 3dz "paste-on" files.

Thanks for the info!!

I have some notes I think from Jel too from maybe 2015 when I reentered into the game.

https://eaw.neocities.org/codegroup-patches#130

Its pretty un organized , I think they are are good notes though however.

Anyhow I did get all the 130 files in the right place on mediafire if you don't have them already. At least I think I got them right. I have not tested out the order of things fully, but wrote up install text.