Erik

Anyone else use WinGet?

I've been using WinGet to update all the programs installed on my Windows machine for about a year now. It's an amazing way to keep all your software updated in one simple to use command. Open a command line and type "winget list --all" to see a list of the programs WinGet can update for you. Type "winget upgrade --all" to upgrade all the packages available. For more details on how to use WinGet I highly suggest using the help menu or the man pages online. Use this at your risk and I highly suggest reviewing upgrade packages for ones you don't want to upgrade. In my case I don't have any so using the upgrade --all command works but you could just as easily install singular packages without having to scour the internet for updates. 

Oh, and it's January 1st, 2024, don't forget to back up your data.

winget.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Always stuck with the venerable SuMo/DuMo before they packed it in, unfortunately, sometime in 2023. Then I switched to UCheck_portable64 (not bad at all for a quick listing of updates but not as thorough as was SuMo). I thank thee for the WinGet suggestion; will most likely move to that one or at least note it down as a supplementary update tool.

Happy New Year,

:smile: