Sign in to follow this  
MarkEAW

DxWnd Wrapper EAW Profiles

I've updated the downloads for the DxWnd profiles using a newer version of the Wrapper (wrapper by ghotik).

I placed the profiles in a single download now.

Current Location of this Download:

https://eaw.neocities.org/files-my-downloads.html

Edited by MarkEAW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is one of my Icon shortcuts for the DxWnd Wrapper.

The 12, 12(NoOs) ,12x ,12a, are all in the same game folder.

The others are separate full installs or standalones.

dxwnd-eaw-shortcuts.png

Remember once you import the DxWnd profiles I made, (which give 64 FPS in Direct3D/DX mode on Win10, the preferred method on my flight screens), you can modify the profile for full screen.

If you need help with getting the profiles to open to full screen, let me know. I don't normally play at full unless I have a special reason too. But I am willing to help.

I did a few test, and it's really touchy to get full screen for both the menus and the flight screens at the 'same time'. But I managed to get one or the other working at full screen.

I do need help in discovering exactly what's going on and why the full screen mode / settings are touchy.

I do still prefer a game in the windows frame, however while using the frame you can upscale the resolution and make it 'appear' as the screen is full. I use a 4:3 ratio (square) res on mine.

If anyone finds anything that works for full screen, let me know please! I'm only mainly concerned with getting the flight screen in full, as the menu screens are fine to view at actual size.

I got the settings for Full Screen use. You turn off a few and turn on about 4 other settings. I documented it on my troubleshoot wrappers help doc on my site.

look for the DxWnd wrapper, should be the first one presented.

https://eaw.neocities.org/troubleshoot-wrappers.html

Refresh the page to get the latest!!

I'm now having issues with the resolutions at and higher ; 1024x768 (eaw.ini). The full screen is all red during the launch into the flight screen.

So DxWnd seems the issue and not EAW as lower res works in full screen and so did 1024x768 before.
Not sure which version of DxWnd it started in, however. 

So v1.2 set at 800x600 in the eaw.ini can run at full screen.

okay after hours and hours (last night and today) of EAW not working at 1024x768, I found the one setting to get it to work.

I'll try to upload some new DxWnd profiles when I get a chance, for non windows-full screen settings.

I'm trying to have one set of profiles but might have to have two separate downloads, depending on what a player would want.

https://eaw.neocities.org/files-my-downloads.html

That links for a few profiles for FULL Screen use with a eaw.ini res setting of 1024x768 in some of the EAW games.
They should work with window mode too and lower res.

In general, It was a limit resources tweak that use to be an option, but the programmer moved things around on his DxWnd option screens.
So I didn't have a clue (for hours, whew) once I set the 4 initial settings to get good full screen and I didn't know why it didn't work.

Edited by MarkEAW
link added, text update

Well done Mark,  glad you're on the job of figuring this stuff out and I admire your patience.

I don't fully understand the different behaviors either but a big problem throughout my research has been the differences between video cards, drivers and how the game assigns various graphics routines to them. So what you see is not necessarily what others see and it's self-evident when people don't experience any problems with their setups or used wrappers, to not further experiment and stick with what's working until they run into problems.

VonBeerhofen

• Thanks 1

Thanks!
Its updates to Windows10 and to the DxWnd Wrapper that change, so far the versions I used of EAW stay the same. In one or two instances it was my personnel settings in Win10 that changed that effect the game, usually security stuff.