Hi guys, I'm a uber noobie! :biggrin::haha: Well, when it comes to this game I am anyway :) I just got it "Wings over Vietnam". I put off getting it for a long time, ppl said the graphics just sucked to much ( My IL2 buddies )

Well, they were wrong. Big time wrong, this game rules. I think I might be hooked.

Anyway, I've been flying IL2 for the last... Well sence it came out. And I've made a few skins for it. I think I would like to make some for this game.

I just dl'ed the Korean War mod, and I'm love'n it. I cried for years over at UBI trying to get Oleg to make it. And I could have had it without him.

I think I would like to make a F-86 skin/template, I'm pretty good with metal skins, and I think I could make a nice one. Here's an example of one of my metal skins.

http://flying-legends.net/php/downloads/im...image=LiLJo.jpg

I got the F-86 template, and I'm still looking for a Mig 15 template ( I guess I'll make one from scratch )

And I was wondering, Is their a aircraft viewer out there somewhere? Or am I going to have to do it like we do in IL2, In and out of the game. A viewer would make skinning alot easier. Being able to just hit save, and load the moded skin in the viewer on a 3d model of the AC. And spin it around to find errors.

Edited by RogueSnake

SWEET Skin!

I do my feeble skin work in and out of game!

Welcome snake

Yes you are going to have to do the in and out of game thing. I am a skinner too done over well 150 skins for SF/WOV and I wish they had one. Would make my job easier. If you need some advice on how SF/WOV skins work lt me know. SF/WOV use a decal method for serial number and the like. You will need to learn how to make that work as well. So that way your planes wont all have the same number on it in game.

I once made a very simple 3D model viewer. Unfortunately it was only compatible with .x, .3ds, and .b3d type model files. I never incorporated textures either but I don't think it would have been much harder. I looked at the model files for Strike Fighters aircraft, and with my limited experiance, couldn't really concoct anything that would be plausible.