AGOSTINO

SF2 DOES NOT WORK, AFTER CLEAN INSTALL WIN 10 ON SSD!!!

I upgraded my PC, installing an SSD (C) instead of the HDD, which became storage.
After clean installation of WIN 10, I reinstalled SF2 complete setup, but it doesn't work!!
Any suggestions??   :dntknw:

Thanks in advance.

How doesn't it work? It's not starting? Or?

19 minutes ago, EricJ said:

How doesn't it work? It's not starting? Or?

It won't start, dead!!

One question, where should I install the complete setup?

1) in Program files

or  

2) in Program (x86)

MigBuster wrote: "Core game files are not installed in Program files." 

Namely?  :stars:

I think you should let it install in Program (x86) as I did and no issues. That may be the issue that's causing the problem. So uninstall and reinstall and let it default and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, AGOSTINO said:

in Program (x86)

That was what worked for me on Win 11

Thank you so much to all of you, but when I install the SF2 complete setup:

1) Normal installation

or

2) Install as Administrator

Normal installation, you don't have to do anything special to get it to work.

26 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Normal installation, you don't have to do anything special to get it to work.

Nothing to do, it doesn't work!!   :dntknw:

I honestly don't know what the issue is, you should just install it and it works. That's all I did with SF2 Complete. Maybe your file is corrupted but I don't know what to say man.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, EricJ said:

I honestly don't know what the issue is, you should just install it and it works. That's all I did with SF2 Complete. Maybe your file is corrupted but I don't know what to say man.

Initializing sistem.....Please wait....a few seconds, and then everything disappears!!

I don't have any antivirus, just the default Win 10 one.

I try to download , again from https://store.thirdwire.com/project_sf2_complete.htm

Done, but nothing to do...... maybe some setting in Nvidia setting???

Edited by AGOSTINO

Posted (edited)

It could very well be your antivirus, or lack of it. I mean Win10 doesn't stop you from playing it (I run it on Win11). So either check your Windows Defender settings, and or open the NVIDIA panel and find the game file, and then have NVIDIA use the card, not the integrated graphics to play the game.

Edited by EricJ

4 hours ago, EricJ said:

It could very well be your antivirus, or lack of it. I mean Win10 doesn't stop you from playing it (I run it on Win11). So either check your Windows Defender settings, and or open the NVIDIA panel and find the game file, and then have NVIDIA use the card, not the integrated graphics to play the game.

How so?? A little help.... I'm going crazy.:stars:

Before, everything worked fine on my HDD.  :ok:

It's as if there's something preventing or blocking SF2 from booting :dntknw:

1 minute ago, AGOSTINO said:

How so?? A little help.... I'm going crazy.:stars:

Before, everything worked fine on my HDD.  :ok:

It's as if there's something preventing or blocking SF2 from booting :dntknw:

Well you open the NVIDIA control panel by right-clicking on the desktop, and select the NVIDIA control panel, and in the middlish of the screen you'll see the General Settings Tab, and a Program Settings Tab. Click on the Program Settings tab and you'll see a list of programs that it supports. More than likely SF2 isn't supported, so you click on "Add" and select the SF2 Game executable (whichever one you need to use) and then go to 2. Select the preferred graphic processpr for this program." Select the drop down Menu the NVIDIA card. Then you can use the card as it defaults on the integrated driver (Don't use this). Apply at the bottom right and then try it again. As far as Windows Defender you got me, as I use AVG for my antivirus, and don't touch that at all.

13 hours ago, EricJ said:

Well you open the NVIDIA control panel by right-clicking on the desktop, and select the NVIDIA control panel, and in the middlish of the screen you'll see the General Settings Tab, and a Program Settings Tab. Click on the Program Settings tab and you'll see a list of programs that it supports. More than likely SF2 isn't supported, so you click on "Add" and select the SF2 Game executable (whichever one you need to use) and then go to 2. Select the preferred graphic processpr for this program." Select the drop down Menu the NVIDIA card. Then you can use the card as it defaults on the integrated driver (Don't use this). Apply at the bottom right and then try it again. As far as Windows Defender you got me, as I use AVG for my antivirus, and don't touch that at all.

Done everything, nothing to do..... I'm sorry to abandon this fantastic simulator!!   :bad:

Well it could be the lack of antivirus, but that's speculation. Sorry things didn't' work out for you...

3 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Well it could be the lack of antivirus, but that's speculation. Sorry things didn't' work out for you...

It could be:

1) Nvidia driver ??

2) StrikeFighters2.ini??

3) Options.ini??

4) Version.ini??

Last resort.... It's getting very frustrating!!   :stars:

Personally I'm not sure what the issue is, and frankly since nobody else chimed in, it's a unique issue that nobody knows how to solve. It's not the Options.ini or Version.ini as that's automatically generated (you can try deleting them, and see if that fixes the issue, as it should produce it). Might be the NVIDIAdriver or that Windows Defender is blocking the program. Have you checked that? The Firewall stuff?

1 minute ago, EricJ said:

Personally I'm not sure what the issue is, and frankly since nobody else chimed in, it's a unique issue that nobody knows how to solve. It's not the Options.ini or Version.ini as that's automatically generated (you can try deleting them, and see if that fixes the issue, as it should produce it). Might be the NVIDIAdriver or that Windows Defender is blocking the program. Have you checked that? The Firewall stuff?

When everything was working well, I didn't have antivirus, as I don't have it now.
Only difference is that I had the O.S. on HDD instead of SSD.

Just now, AGOSTINO said:

When everything was working well, I didn't have antivirus, as I don't have it now.
Only difference is that I had the O.S. on HDD instead of SSD.

Ohh.... that could be the issue. There's a topic somewhere (maybe somebody from the community can help), but are you not installing it on the OS hard drive? That could be an issue. I tried finding the article in the Knowledge Base, but after searching couldn't find it.

6 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Windows Defender is blocking the program. Have you checked that? The Firewall stuff?

What should I check, how do I do it??

Just now, AGOSTINO said:

What should I check, how do I do it??

I don't know, but you should check the Start Menu for Windows Firewall or Windows Defender as I have Win11 so it'll be different for Win10 where it is.

6 minutes ago, EricJ said:

but are you not installing it on the OS hard drive? 

The operating system is installed on an SSD (C)

1 minute ago, AGOSTINO said:

The operating system is installed on an SSD (C)

Okay

25 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Okay

Thank you very much for your patience and availability, you were very kind, :ok: unfortunately at the moment I don't know what to do anymore,  :dntknw:

I am waiting... possibly some other user..... I'm so sorry!!! Thank you very much infinitely again!!!  :clapping:

No worries, it may be something but yeah, I don't know...