Sign in to follow this  
csb

Keep Free camera moving after input stopped

I'm trying to mod the free camera so that it continues moving even after I stop holding the forward movement key (up key) or stop scrolling the mouse wheel.

With the vanilla viewlist ini, the camera stops as soon as the button is let go and then picks up speed when the key is pressed again.

I think I had the viewlist modded for this many years ago but it may have been another sim.

I assume it is the first entry in the viewlist that I need to mod:  ViewClassName=FreeViewClass

I have dabbled in the viewlist Freecamera entries and tried some changes including adding lines but haven't been able to get the camera to continue moving after key inputs stopped.

I added the lines below without any effect:
MinSpeed=100.0
MaxSpeed=50000.0
Acceleration=10000.0

So, does anyone have the free camera modded to keep moving?

My reason is because I like to drop the camera and then use it to follow the action and keep tail on my own jet or chase aircraft.

It's possible I had a modded viewlist from this site that I had used.

Craig

far as I know, and remember from 1stGEns -and carried over to SF2-, you have to have the button held down

Just to clarify my post:

In vanilla install of SF2 the free camera moves when the keyboard button is pressed and stops moving when the button is released.

I want to mod the free camera so that it keeps moving even when the button is released.

In my experimenting, I am focusing on the first entry in the viewlist ini:

[ViewClass001]
ViewClassName=FreeViewClass
ViewType=FREE_VIEW
ViewGroupID=0
DefaultView=
AllowFromDiffGroup=TRUE
SnapView=FALSE
InsideView=FALSE
FOV=45.0
PitchControl=CAMERA_PITCH_AXIS
YawControl=CAMERA_YAW_AXIS
RollControl=
ZoomControl=CAMERA_ZOOM_CONTROL
RememberFOV=FALSE
LimitPitch=FALSE
LimitYaw=FALSE
LimitRoll=FALSE
ZoomFOV=FALSE
StepZoom=FALSE
ZoomScale=0.1
PanScale=0.00140
MinFOV=15.0
MaxFOV=90.0
OffsetDistance=0.0

I have been looking at the other views and there does not seem to be any that move unless attached to something, eg aircraft or fired weapon.

Are there any views that move without constant input?