Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Metrea to Operate 5th Largest Tanker Fleet

I've read the article (and a few others) on this, but I cannot help but be skeptical of what the commitment of civilians truly is when the mission requires them to go in harm's way. They're going to have to be willing to go, without reservations, without hesitation, and put their butts on the line because lives, mission success and strategic outcomes may depend of them, as dedicated military assets will likely be elsewhere; since they agreed to do the job.That isn't the time to worry about renegotiating contracts, "how much am I getting paid for this", "I didn't sign up for this", etc....

they dont go into harms way

each civilian tanker handling routine training or scheduled trans oceanic fighter drags frees up military crews and airframes for the hot zones

plus probably 90% of their people are retired 135 people anyhow. doing the same job, but for much better pay. given how tanker crews have beenin the past, im not to worried about them taking chances to save a recievers butt

and finally, you gotta admit their schemes look damn cool. i cant wait to see what they do with the new birds

We'll see.

As for the paint jobs, yes they do look nice. :smile:

• Like 1