Sign in to follow this  
foufkiller

Guides weapon MFD to bright

Hi.
Do you know how can i change the MFD brightness when i select guided weapon?
it's too "green" and i see nothing.
Thanks

No, there's no way to change it, other than some modder who might know how to do so. If not, well what you see is what you get. You also have to hit E (works with guided LGBs and Maverick style weapons) to select the target. SF2 has no DCS style manual control of the seeker. Pressing E will automagically slew it though, if that's the primary target and random target.

you could try playing with the "Green TV Filter" in the cockpit folder

open it up in GIMP or Photoshop (or any image editor of your choice) and reduce the opacity so it is more clear than green. play with numbers until its to your liking

SAVE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL FILE BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!! that way, if it just dont work at all, you can remove "-COPY" from the file name and have the original file back

you will have to fire the game up repeatedly to check your progress. this isnt something that is checkable in LODviewer to my knowledge

finally, its a tga file, remember to uncheck the " RLE compression" box when saving/exporting it. this is very true for GIMP, others will correct me if it isnt for Photoshop