Sign in to follow this  
Trotski

ABATROS D III REDUX PART 2

ABATROS D III REDUX PART 2

ALBATROS D III

REDUX

PART 2 ( A & B)

The second file in the Albatros D III saga, these are the Jasta 2 aircraft. Please not you WILL need PART 1 as that has all the decals sounds etc. etc. 

ENJOY !!!     :airplane:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Trotski

View File OEFFAG Ba 53 & Ba 53 (feld Änderung) REDUX
      OEFFAG Ba 53 & Ba 53 (feld Änderung)
      REDUX

A rework of Jan Tumas excellent Oeffag Ba 53, I have kept this one simple as there were only about 50 or so Ba 53's built, a few of the early ones, about 10 or so were built using the Albatros D II planform, but this was swiftly changed to the D III instead. The Aircraft was actually better than the Albatros DIII, having a more powerful Austro Daimler power plant, also the Oeffag techies, figured out that the D III wing was a bit of a nightmare, and tended to drop off if you did any of that " Fighter Pilot Shit" So they strengthened the lower win by adding in another spar. Of course there is always a downside, although in this case a minor one, which was the armament, first off, it was a Swartzlose M7, the standard Infantry MG of the Autro Hungarian Army, it was orerated by a blowback system, which in itself was not the problem, the problem lay with the oiler, which had to oil each round as it was chambered, not an ideal set up, especially as the oil used to blow back into the pilots face, and bugger up his aiming somewhat. As well as this, the guns were buried deep in the cowling, so stoppages were virtually impossible to clear, Which I assume could spoil a pilots whole day at times  There were also issues with the interrupter system, which was not very good in conjunction with the Swartzlose, so a special Tacho had to be fitted to Oeffags, to warn the pilot when the interrupter was not going to play nice, and let the gun shoot nice holes in the Airscrew.........Yes.....Well !! 
      There are 2 files in this upload, the main Ba 53 file, with all the gubbins, decals and all that good stuff, the second file is for the  (feld Änderung) aircraft, basically the same plane but they took the cowl off !! Atogether there are 8 skins, 3 which are my usual Factory Finish ones, so very generic, the other 4 are of named pilots, see the thumbnails for an ideaof what is in there for you. Everything is in a ready to go state as usual, the second file is just the Field modded Ba 53, on its own, so that will need to be dropped into you Save game file under "Objects - Aircraft" and you should be good to go. I have used my own decals and skins to rework these Oeffags, the 153 series will follow shortly !!
      A shout out to Jan Tuma for his original work, on this rather nice Albatros version, also to Von S for the updated FM's ( also an apology to the redoubtable Von S for not crediting him in my other Albatri uploads, my most profound apologies !!! ) and Geezer for the Pilot models. 

As always............................ENJOY    
      Submitter Trotski Submitted 09/30/2024 Category Albatros Skins  
    • By Trotski
      OEFFAG Ba 53 & Ba 53 (feld Änderung)
      REDUX

A rework of Jan Tumas excellent Oeffag Ba 53, I have kept this one simple as there were only about 50 or so Ba 53's built, a few of the early ones, about 10 or so were built using the Albatros D II planform, but this was swiftly changed to the D III instead. The Aircraft was actually better than the Albatros DIII, having a more powerful Austro Daimler power plant, also the Oeffag techies, figured out that the D III wing was a bit of a nightmare, and tended to drop off if you did any of that " Fighter Pilot Shit" So they strengthened the lower win by adding in another spar. Of course there is always a downside, although in this case a minor one, which was the armament, first off, it was a Swartzlose M7, the standard Infantry MG of the Autro Hungarian Army, it was orerated by a blowback system, which in itself was not the problem, the problem lay with the oiler, which had to oil each round as it was chambered, not an ideal set up, especially as the oil used to blow back into the pilots face, and bugger up his aiming somewhat. As well as this, the guns were buried deep in the cowling, so stoppages were virtually impossible to clear, Which I assume could spoil a pilots whole day at times  There were also issues with the interrupter system, which was not very good in conjunction with the Swartzlose, so a special Tacho had to be fitted to Oeffags, to warn the pilot when the interrupter was not going to play nice, and let the gun shoot nice holes in the Airscrew.........Yes.....Well !! 
      There are 2 files in this upload, the main Ba 53 file, with all the gubbins, decals and all that good stuff, the second file is for the  (feld Änderung) aircraft, basically the same plane but they took the cowl off !! Atogether there are 8 skins, 3 which are my usual Factory Finish ones, so very generic, the other 4 are of named pilots, see the thumbnails for an ideaof what is in there for you. Everything is in a ready to go state as usual, the second file is just the Field modded Ba 53, on its own, so that will need to be dropped into you Save game file under "Objects - Aircraft" and you should be good to go. I have used my own decals and skins to rework these Oeffags, the 153 series will follow shortly !!
      A shout out to Jan Tuma for his original work, on this rather nice Albatros version, also to Von S for the updated FM's ( also an apology to the redoubtable Von S for not crediting him in my other Albatri uploads, my most profound apologies !!! ) and Geezer for the Pilot models. 

As always............................ENJOY    
    • By Trotski

View File ALBATROS D III (OAW) REDUX
      ALBATROS  D III (OAW)
      WITH JASTA 39
      REDUX

This upload comprises of 3 Rar files, the first is the standard D III OAW, 2 of which are in generic markings, and 2 which are Ottoman machines, one in earlier markings of the black square, the second with the late war red squares. The other 2 Rar files are all for Jasta 39 Albatri, 2 generic, and the rest in the markings shown in the thumbnail pictures heading this download. Again as with the previous D III's I uploaded previously, the Jasta 39 aircraft are in their own complete fils, so you can use them as a seperate Jasta so it is named Albatros DIII (OAW) (JASTA 39)......you know the drill by now I am sure !!! The red and white candy stripe one, was a real pain in the bum to do, mainly because of the bloody awful way the models were made, so getting the stripes to marry up correctly had me cursing and swearing quite considerably. So it is not 100% perfect, but it is as good as can be expected, and certainly better than the original skin that was done in this scheme, I forget who originally uploaded it, but for sure it is a vast improvement.
      As ever, everything is included in the package, Decals, Guns........blah blah blah..........You will need to download all the files as the decals etc for the Jasta 39 Albatri are in the first RAR file.............As for the rest, I am not going to repeat myself, as I am sure most of the folks downloading this, are used to my stuff, so I wont bore you with the blurb !!! 

As always...................ENJOY  
      Submitter Trotski Submitted 09/26/2024 Category Albatros Skins  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..