Sign in to follow this  
freddienet

Having trouble with New Terrains and Missions

I am having some trouble getting the Korea pack to work. It seems I have copied everything in to its proper location. Updated to latest patch 3.2 before I copied Korea. I did incremental copying and then ran program after each file copy to see if it worked. In single mission I have the ability to pull down the menu and have both the Korea and dessert showing. I do not have the ability to start a campaign in korea, only the dessert. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to work.

Also it seems both in missions and campaign, either dessert or Korea, I have no missiles in any plane configuration.

I have a suggestion for us dumbies. Could someone just give us the already configured terrain add-ons with required folders.

I also am looking for the Taiwan terrain and can't find it.

I used to play Falcon 4.0 and find this sim a lot more enjoyable.

I see lots of great opportunities to customize this, if only I could do it.

Thanks,

Freddie

Edited by freddienet

I am having some trouble getting the Korea pack to work. It seems I have copied everything in to its proper location. Updated to latest patch 3.2 before I copied Korea. I did incremental copying and then ran program after each file copy to see if it worked. In single mission I have the ability to pull down the menu and have both the Korea and dessert showing. I do not have the ability to start a campaign in korea, only the dessert. Maybe this is the way it is supposed to work.

Also it seems both in missions and campaign, either dessert or Korea, I have no missiles in any plane configuration.

I have a suggestion for us dumbies. Could someone just give us the already configured terrain add-ons with required folders.

I also am looking for the Taiwan terrain and can't find it.

I used to play Falcon 4.0 and find this sim a lot more enjoyable.

I see lots of great opportunities to customize this, if only I could do it.

Thanks,

Freddie

I'm pretty much a newbie myself, though I have got Korea running happily in a separate install, and any suggestions from me would probably only make things worse.

Your best bet might be to try the forums at Thirdwire and SimHQ.

Guest Saganuay82

Few more details on what is not working will help.

Terrain - Does it work? Can you see the Korea terrain in the drop down?

Make sure that you have a Korea folder in your Terrain folder. All Korea files for the terrain go in there. The other thing is to find your Korea.ini file and at the bottom of the first para is add Catfile:../Desert/Desert.cat. That way you will not have to copy the desert.cat over and rename it.

Are you trying to get the Korean Air War to work? I don't remember having missiles in the weapons pack. Guns and A2G weapons only.