Sign in to follow this  
mppd

Rocket pod end caps

Has anyone found a way to eliminate the end caps from rocket pods (before firing rockets...)? The Zuni LAU-10 tubes seen on Marine F-4s in Vietnam never seemed to have the end caps installed. Tried eliminating the weps entry for covers and it didn't do it. Can always redo the base .LOD I guess.

Thanks,

Mike D.

Hi Mike!

In weapondata go for the rocket launcher that you want.

Then search for these entries:

if you DON'T WANT caps

FrontCoverNodeName=

RearCoverNodeName=

if you WANT

FrontCoverNodeName=Front_Cover

RearCoverNodeName=Rear_Cover

if you DON'T WANT caps

FrontCoverNodeName=

RearCoverNodeName=

Sorry, this didn't work. It seemed like an obvious thing to try yesterday too, but the only effect is to have the caps remain even after the rockets blast thru them! Was hoping someone had another idea. Oh well, I'll put it on my weapons-to-be-made list.

Thanks,

Mike

Someone was kind enough to send me an LAU-10 made up without the end caps a while back, but I've lost it...any chance I could get another copy???? Senility is a terrible thing.

Thanks,

Mike

Its not senility Mike. Its too much knowledge without a goof proof filing system.

:ph34r: CL

Thanks - I'll have to remember that one...

Damn, Years ago, Me and Bunyap was talking about this very Subject and at that Time could get the Pod Ends not to show by doing what X-Ray stated above. We were going to make Marine Pods with Flat RAZHAZ Shields on them. But never got around to it. Back when the Weapons team first started, One could eliminate the Pod Ends by not listing the Nodes. I'll have to look at them again. See what's up with them. In My "Ordnance Shop" Pack for SF2, There's the LAU 10x2 and Lau-10x3's in there that don't have Pod Ends. But I'll take a look at them. I'd hate to think this one time Item is now broke.....

It's FUBAR'd.....It used to work many Weapons Packs ago. Not now. I guess Single Pods without Covers will have to be made.....

I'll make them new - got a nice ordie illustration with any dimensions? A dual and triple pod for the TER would be good too. This should be a quick projects. We don't need the 4 tubes to be modeled inside do we? A bit of art would suffice I would think to simulate them, or no?

Thanks,

Mike

i made this two Lau-10 launchers the lau-10a with the end-caps and for the use with the zuni mk16 motor and the lau-10c without the end-caps and for use with the zuni mk71 motor

to use the pods you have not only to replace / delete the existing lau-10 pod´s bud the zuni as well with th one i made , that is the reason i did not upload it to CA

LAU-10A with end caps and with Zuni Mk16 up to 1971

LAU-10C without end caps and with Zuni Mk71 from 1971 up

Edited by ravenclaw_007

Can I have a copy of this? This is definately worth an upload also. I have never seen a photo with those end caps installed in SE Asia.

Thanks very much,

Mike D.

this are the lau-10 pods and the zuni missiles as i mention above imade them to replace the existing one from the bunyap and TMF weaponspack so what ever weaponspack you have FIRST MAKE A BACKUP than go and search if you have this weapons entry in your weapondata if you find them go and replace them one by one if you dont find them go and copy the new weaponsdata to the end of your weaponsdata, change the xxxx with the next number in sequnece [WeaponDataxxxx] keep the sequence in order

open your wepons edeitor and save the new entry

take your time and go step by step and search for the original entrys !!!!!!

if somthing does not work you did somthing wrong :biggrin: dont come and blame me :tongue:

Thank you so much - I owe you a great favor! You are the best. I just found it now - file name LAU_10.rar. I did all my searches for LAU-10. Computer kept sayin' nope- aint there...

Mike

Edited by mppd

Thank you so much - I owe you a great favor! You are the best. I just found it now - file name LAU_10.rar. I did all my searches for LAU-10. Computer kept sayin' nope- aint there...

Mike

no problem , if you run in to problems let me know , or if you need some additional zunis because i did not make all of them just drop me a mail