Sign in to follow this  
nasz

il2 clouds FE2

Installed the iL2 clouds mod for my FE2 installation. Now when I look up the sky goes blue, but when I look down the sky is grey? Any ideas?

Apparently the IL2 cloud mod doesn't work in FE2 because of a different particle system or somesuch. Tried it myself with exactly the same result you got. The best I could get was installing a horizon cloud mod which worked fine, then a different fluffier cloud mod - can't recall which one, I think it just had a different cloud.tga file; it worked except in inclement weather when I got an odd side-effect, with some of the clouds appearing on the deck like clouds of evaporating water, they had hard lower edges and it difn't look right. So at the moment in FE2 I'm back with stock clouds and the horizon cloud mod, so it looks like this:

gallery_66801_641_213613.jpg

Edited by 33LIMA

Looks great, don't suppose you could email me the cloud image and the environment ini file - I think they are the two files needed? They should be the same ini files that the iL2 clouds use. My email is nzuraw at gmail dot com if you can email the files to me?!

Edited by Wrench
please, don't respond with quoted images. thank you

This is the horizon sky mod I used; it's responsible for the nice dramatic sky in the screenie:

http://combatace.com/files/file/9664-realistic-sky-mod-first-eagles/

My current environmentsystem.ini is attached below, had to change the extension as you can't upload .ini files. the cloud1.tga is too big to upload so I'll email that; not sure where it's from, I've tried so many!

zip and upload as an attachment; the Board software don't care about zips. I do it all the time.

as to the il-2 clouds mod, has anyone LOOKED at the shaders/effects called out? They may need updated names to match those used in FE2 (dx10 style). Pull the envrionment.ini and cross check