Sign in to follow this  
CrazyhorseB34

HELP! Trouble with TW stock A-4E 65 flap decals

I am trying to apply decals to the flaps on the TW SF2 stock A-4E 65. The A-4Q in the Falklands Mod has flap decals that work, but it is an older version and the mesh names and data do not work on the A-4E 65. Does any one know what the correct mesh names for the flaps are, or has anyone tried to apply decals to the SF2 Skyhawk flaps and could give me some advice? The pic below depicts the white numbers on the flaps I am trying to replicate. Thank you to all.

post-38143-0-89774900-1382041975.jpg

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

try

Flap_inside_L

Flap_Inside_R

see if that works

No, those did not work. In the DATA INI under CONTROL SURFACES the node names are listed as Flap_Left and Flap_Right. I tried those also. Take a peep at my data and see if I am pulling a bone head or not!

[Decal026]
MeshName=Flap_Left
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=TOP
FilenameFormat=A-4E_65\VA12\D\numw
Position=-1.55,-0.50
Scale=0.65
DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal027]
MeshName=Flap_Right
DecalLevel=2
DecalFacing=TOP
FilenameFormat=A-4E_65\VA12\D\numw
Position=1.55,-0.50
Scale=0.65
DecalMaxLOD=3

Mind you this is just copied from the Q from the Falklands Mod.

you need the LOD to see the actual node names (which are unavailable if one didn't archive the pre-locked cats -which is how I found it)

hmm....

what about using the flap name, but put the decal facing TOP???

Flap_Left

Flap_Right

give that a shot??

Verified I had decal facing TOP..... no go. I know the decals are good because to test the position I dumped the flap decals from the Q into my A-4E_65/VA12/D folder after I tested them out on the Q itself. Still looks pretty BA, art imitates life! Working on the little ser. no. decals on the tail now.

post-38143-0-39291900-1382054681_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrazyhorseB34

you mean the Bureau Numbers (lets get it right!! :biggrin:  )

there's 38 A-4C BuNums in my VSF-1 skin pak, if you wan to save some time (it's around here somewhere in the D/L section). You're welcome to 'em!

EDIT:

double check the x/y coordinates .. they're different from 1st Gen to SF2 (things are further forward, iirc; or was it aft?? disremember!)

take the position of the wing star, move it aft .50 meters, and in 1.5. That might get you close

Edited by Wrench

I was afraid it was a coordinate issue. I will try it. Those BuNos I am working on are the actual ones used by VA-12 in '66-67. I think I wore a hole in the internet looking at pics and watching vids trying to get it right. Sometimes I go OCD on stuff! Ha! For some reason I just wanted to do up just one super right Scooter! Thanks for your help and mentorship!

To check the coordinates try placing the decals on the wing itself where the flaps should be. That way you can quickly see if they are in the proper place, then all you need to do is change the mesh names.