Sign in to follow this  
yubba

Can your B-52 do this ?

I found this package of B-52s nice,,and the cockpit well done was for sfp-2 I got them to fly in sfp-1 with no effort,,I edited the Data File to get this so my sfp-1 edits work on sfp-2 and the proof is right here.. here's the link to the B52 pack   http://combatace.com/topic/45495-b-52gh-mega-era-package/

So can your sfp-2 B52 do this

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

or this

or carry these

all found in my threads ,, enjoy and happy hunting

Edited by yubba

Yes it can.

By the way, gunpowder was invented in china at least 800 hundred years ago. And basic .ini editing in this community 13 years ago at least.

• Like 4

well it didn't do it out of the box,,,so that tells me some folks that aren't modders are flying stuff ,,that they can't hit the target with..

Edited by yubba

Yes it can.

By the way, gunpowder was invented in china at least 800 hundred years ago. And basic .ini editing in this community 13 years ago at least.

and then I guess you wouldn't mind telling us how you did it or provide a link on doing so ...there might be something I missed.. 

and then I guess you wouldn't mind telling us how you did it or provide a link on doing so ...there might be something I missed.. 

Just go the knowledge base, or use the search tool at the forum in order to find what you miss or need.

• Like 1

Just go the knowledge base, or use the search tool at the forum in order to find what you miss or need.

oookie dokie,, I'm good don't mind me ,, you don't mind if I  show some of the folk what I came up with,,,this is my bombsight..I was alittle late hitting the screen shot after I pickled..but of course the pic are out of order but the bombs hit where I pickled. well there is this one thing I'm looking for is to be able to fire cruise missles off the B-52

index.php?app=gallery&module=images&sectindex.php?app=gallery&module=images&sect

Edited by yubba

that was done by switching out the avionics from a 2 seat a-7 found over at natofighters column 5,,

This is the cockpit of the B-52H 03,, I editted the radar as you can see in the pic,so you can radar bomb,, you also have a hud  ,,the tables are a little rough I tried it with this,, because I didn't edit the ccip sight right so I had no bombsight, in this guy.

I fell alittle short,,on the radar bombing,, table says If I am doing 555knts  or 8.4 mach at 10,000ft  I should release at 4.26 miles

bombing my own base I'm such a bad boy..

Edited by yubba

B-52s never had optical bombsights. All bombing was performed using ground targeting radar, which unfortunately, this series does not support.  

Speaking of bombsights, a bombsight mod was released for the B-52G, back in '04-'05, or thereabouts, which featured a Norden-like interface.

B-52s never had optical bombsights. All bombing was performed using ground targeting radar, which unfortunately, this series does not support.  

Speaking of bombsights, a bombsight mod was released for the B-52G, back in '04-'05, or thereabouts, which featured a Norden-like interface.

And I have that worked out,where it is close to what you speak of, matter of fact I have a thread on that very subject,,Called Blind mans Bluff Que Bombing ,,it is where you fly in on the target,,,at a set altitude and speed using the target box as a marker and using the target information in the lower right corner as it counts down the miles to target and release ,, I got tables all made up when to release it works quite well. http://combatace.com/topic/87329-blindmans-bluff-qued-bombing/   ,,,and that thread needs to be updated the data is alittle flawed and worst of it all it's in another thread.

Edited by yubba

ok bear with me I call this triple nickle bombing worked it out in Qued bombing,, that's where I found a problem.

555knts=.84mach=938ftpersecond

nm= 6,076ft

statue mile =5,280ft

solid mass free fall from 20,000 ft = 35 seconds = 5.4nautical miles = 6.2 statued miles

thinking all the target information to be true I released at 5.4 and over shot about a mile redid the same run and released at 6.2 was dead on the money,, with my math a goofed up I double checked with the online caculators still came out what it is the target box is showing statued miles instead of nautical miles

the best aircraft to check this is the f-111 it has a radar altimeter that goes over 20,000 ft and the mach meter is true I was doing 10,000 ft qued bomb runs hit the target box with the first set of bombs useing the statued miles reading.

this works on every aircraft,, when not messing with the B52 and the B-1 ,, by the way I'm the guy that got the B-1 up and running in sfp-1 this summer with some help of freinds., well any how when I'm not tooting my own horn,, I like flying the F-4 series and they work well in qued bombing ,, now if we can get the ai to form up and drop their bombs when I do would be a project for some one more versed in this subject..

Edited by yubba

Here is your free fall tables for. 555knts and mach 0.84   nautical miles are modeled in to the radar of your plane statued miles are displayed in your target information box ,and the higher you go the thinner the air so your air speed indicater will not show true speed, you confused yet..

1000ft =8sec=1.42 statued miles = 1.23nm

5000ft=17sec=3.02 statued miles = 2.62nm

10,000ft=24sec=4.26 statued miles= 3.7nm

20,000ft=35sec=6.2 statued miles = 5.4 nautical miles

Edited by yubba

Seeing is believing ,,this was done with radar bombing, speed was 8.4 mach,,at 10,000ft,, to do this you edit the radar range mine are 3, 5, 10, 20, 40. so at 10,000ft you want your radar set at 10 miles half way down the scope is 5miles so figure where 3.7 is at in the scope and you get this

Edited by yubba

this is the way you line up on a target for any bomb run I'm using the avionic package out of the A-7k that Corsair 2 seater found at column 5 ,, I started with the earliest B52  the 03 H,,I figured on doing a evolution series of this package with the avionics,, I didn't put ccip sight in so this would be high alittude qued bomber but there wasn't a reverence to line up on the target.

todays radar edit is for 10,000ft you can replace the 5 mile edit with 7.4,, type it in just like that and half way down the scope is your aiming point. happy bombing

Edited by yubba

Really ? Just the barracks ? Not enough collateral damage.

You should of used straight iron MK-84s, MK-83s, MK-82s or MK-113s.

CL

Really ? Just the barracks ? Not enough collateral damage.

You should of used straight iron MK-84s, MK-83s, MK-82s or MK-113s.

CL

by the looks he couldn't I didn't see any aiming reference ,,,unless you got something I don't know about,, awe comon share man ,,I think I can handle it.

OK i didn't notice the lack of a pipper for the plane / bombs.

And the GPS bombs wouldn't need one too i guess.

Good video.

CL

this is the way you line up on a target for any bomb run I'm using the avionic package out of the A-7k that Corsair 2 seater found at column 5 ,, I started with the earliest B52  the 03 H,,I figured on doing a evolution series of this package with the avionics,, I didn't put ccip sight in so this would be high alittude qued bomber but there wasn't a reverence to line up on the target.

this is what I use to line up on targets this didn't have a ccip sight put in ,, just use the tables I came up with,, and when the distance from target comes up in the target info box that you are dialed in,,,release and you should leave a half mile of bomb holes right through the target,,, Like all the reviews I read on this game they said you have to come up with your own ways to level bomb,,and since I've flown most of the WW2  flight sims janesww2  cfs 2,3 ,,air war over europe,, IL-2 ,, and mostly flew bombers when available I got to be pretty good ,,, on line,, I loved the Pe-8 and that massive 5 thousand pounder and dropping it on air fields,, that others were flying out of '' yes you might experience a ringing in your ears " as their screens went black going what just happen. LOL the good ole days

• Like 1