Sign in to follow this  
Spudknocker

Campaign building question about ground offensive

Im making a campaign or hopefully a series of campaigns to go with the new angola terrain when the full version is ready for release! 

But Im running into trouble... I believe i set up the nodes correctly but the ground units wont attack.. Im trying to get the blue side to start off attacking right away on the first mission of the campaign is that possible?  

Spudknocker

I'm no expert but have built a few campaigns. When you refer to nodes I am assuming you mean ground locations (Cities, target bases, etc.) What I've read and discovered from a good while back is you have to connect the nodes to give the red/blue forces a "route" to follow.

What I do is pick a friendly location that my ground forces start from (Call it "city A"), then look at the border area and select a city or fixed ground target for those ground forces to pass thru (Call it target area "B") and finally look at a target on the enemy side that I need my forces to capture (Call it "Town C").  Once I have those 3 locations I connect the dot for both sides.

So the Blue side would start at City A pass thru target area "B" and capture City C.  I would also set the Red side to follow the same course but in reverse; Start at City "C", pass thru target area "B" and capture City A.

I hope this helps.  You should also check out other campaigns to see how their ground campaigns have been built.

Kindest regards - Krfrge

Edited by krfrge