Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

How to change text colour on screens?

Hi

I've tested the Guitarclassic55_Menu_Screens, but the text is yellow on yellow background so it's quite hard to read the text.
Does anyone know how to change the text colour in the campaign related screens?

Best regards

vonOben

In First Eagles, the text settings are scattered all over the place. It's hard to answer your question without more detail.

There are a lot of ini files in the MenuData.cat which control the appearance of the screens. There is a CampaignScreen.ini file. Inside, it refers to other ini files (look for the lines that say #include). Some of the text will have a place to change the color in the CampaignScreen.ini, others will refer to another ini file (such as: InfoTextSetting=InforTextSetting which means that the text is defined inside the InfoTextSetting.ini.)

The colors are all defined in RGB values - all colors in games are defined as mixtures of Red,Green,Blue, in that order. Each color has a value between 0 (no color) and 255 (full color) - All colors at 255 means white (255,255,255) all colors at 0 means black (0,0,0). Most graphics software has a place to mix colors, in there you can see the RGB values of any color, so you can copy the colors you like into FE.

• Like 1

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

I wanted to change the text colour below "Create Campaign" and below "Load campaign" in the campaign screen.

In the MENUSETTING.INI there are some texts with:
ForegroundColor=208,207,144

I changed that to slightly darker text:
ForegroundColor=150,140,110

And that changed the colour of all text on the campaign screen, the Main screen text colour was unaffected.
I'll experiment further!

Best Regards

vonOben

Hi

Another question regarding the screens.

In CAMPAIGNSCREEN.INI:

ListFieldSetting=MediumListField is the default setting and give a black drop down background as in the image below.

ListFieldSetting=MediumListField2 is Guitarclassic55 setting and give black text without drop down.

Which file control the colour in the drop down background?
I can't find any files called List and/or Field in the cat files...

Guitar_Campaign5.jpg

Best regards

vonOben

Edited by vonOben

I found MediumListField is in default Menusettings.ini and also Menuback1.tga that controls the colour in the drop down background.

The new look:

Guitar_Camp_Scr_Edited.jpg

Now I have some problem with the text on the Hangar screen:

Hangar_Screen.jpg

When I try to move the TextPosition in Hangarscreen.ini nothing happens.... strange and I can't figure it out.

Any ideas please?

• Like 1

Hi

I've done some more testing:

Editing the TextPosition in Hangarscreen.ini changes the Single mission Hangar screen, but not the Campaign Hangar screen.

So which ini file controls the Campaign Hangar screen?

Best regards

vonOben

in the menudata cat, campaignscreen ini.

there's also one for campaignedscreen, as well

Hi Wrench

I have edited Campaignscreen.ini, Campaignendscreen.ini and Hangarscreen.ini changing the values for all occurances of:
TextPosition=
and
Position=

But this has not moved any text on the campaign hangar screen. I've also tried to figure out which ini file that controls the campaign hangar screen, but without any luck so far.

Best regards

vonOben

I found the problem!

Hangarscreen.ini controls also the hangar in campaigns, but the modded version is not read before a mission, but after a completed mission and starting a new it's usually read.