Sign in to follow this  
Steve T

New Tileset for fng2k's Korea map/Edward's Korea Campaign

Hi everyone:

Here's a new tile set for Korea. This is not "Historically Correct" nor meant to be. It was made to add a bit more of a "Korean flavour" to the fine work of fng2k, Edward and the other community members who've contributed to the new Korean theatre. It is -- a sometimes extensive -- repaint of the stock WoV tiles with the addition of new dirt airfield textures, plus custom specular lighting effects on the sea and river tiles. There are still a few misplaced tiles but I've not got the time (or knowledge) to sort these out.

Find it in the Terrain section downloads here.

--Steve T

61e4f9f514.jpg

Hello I have tried everything to get this campaign to run.I followed all instructions

I can load up the game fine however when I go to the create a campaign click on korea and then pick my squadron etc and click start I get a crash to desktop.Any ideas?

Regards,

Rob

Hi Rob:

Does it work prior to putting my terrain tiles in?

If not, check your Korean install (probably best to erase and do it again) and also have you renamed your original Strike fighters folder to something other than "Strike Fighters" (e.g. call it SPF1 and update the shortcut location) -- AFAIK you need to do this to get other installs to work. Also, you might want to try copying the original "Desert.cat" file from your default SFP1 terrain folder into the Korean terrain folder nad renaming it "Korea.cat".

If it does work prior to putting my new tiles in, then double-check that you are installing the tiles correctly (make sure you're not putting the "New Korean Tile-set folder" into your Korean Terrain folder -- you need to copy the files FROM the folder they unzip into).

That's about all I can suggest --

Good luck

Steve T

Edited by Steve T

Hi Rob:

Does it work prior to putting my terrain tiles in?

If not, check your Korean install (probably best to erase and do it again) and also have you renamed your original Strike fighters folder to something other than "Strike Fighters" (e.g. call it SPF1 and update the shortcut location) -- AFAIK you need to do this to get other installs to work. Also, you might want to try copying the original "Desert.cat" file from your default SFP1 terrain folder into the Korean terrain folder nad renaming it "Korea.cat".

If it does work prior to putting my new tiles in, then double-check that you are installing the tiles correctly (make sure you're not putting the "New Korean Tile-set folder" into your Korean Terrain folder -- you need to copy the files FROM the folder they unzip into).

That's about all I can suggest --

Good luck

Steve T

No prior to using your updated files it was not working.I can get to the main menu but cant start a campaign or fly a mission.I guess Ill have to reinstall and go from there.

Rob

No worries just got it working.I did a reinstall and I think my problem was because I couldnt find the Korea terrain files on the web here I found them but they had an extension of somthing _fng2K on all the files.THe link to terrain above was much better.I am also now using your terrain tiles and it works fine and is looking so much better!Thanks a bunch.

Edited by Akwar

It is -- a sometimes extensive -- repaint of the stock WoV tiles ....

Hate to tell ya Steve T but the repaint is not of the "Stock" tiles. Perhaps a repaint of my Enhanced tile set?

Deuces, you're right! Won't make excuses -- I've removed the files from the download and will update the readme and re-post them if you're OK with that?

--Steve T

Not a problem Steve T. I never have any problem with anyone building on anything I've done previously.

I'm glad to see another terrain guy get into the fold.

Welcome to the dark side or Strike Fighters/WOV :biggrin:

i get "sea mountains" and such, have i done something wrong ? i use the sp3 desert.cat (renamed) .

Deuces:

Thanks! it is indeed the dark side -- given the way day seems to dissolve into night very quickly when you're plugging away painting the tiles...

Squid, the sea montains problem is something to do with the original map I think -- sorry can't help you any more than that.

--Steve T