Sign in to follow this  
hunter

how to ..............

hit the enemy planes whit missles ? My sidewinder not find the hot line of enemy planes !

If you are flying the B,D, or G models of the Sidewinder you need to be within <2nm and directly behind the target to get a lock on. It will take some manuvering but it can be done. Also wait till you have tone for longer then 5 seconds before firing otherwise the missile won't track.

Oh is that why, LOL! I always have been firing right when I hear the tone.

I always have been firing right when I hear the tone.

Remember that you will get a tone as soon as you switch to Sidewinders but you need to wait for the tone to get louder when it locks on.

hit the enemy planes whit missles ? My sidewinder not find the hot line of enemy planes !

AIM-9Bs have a very narrow cone that they follow from almost directly behind the enemy planes.

If they are turning or otherwise manuvering don't waste a sidewinder. If they are in a shallow climb or lvl flight then you'll hit about half the time.

Lesson Learned?

AIM-9Bs SUCK.

Edited by Padre

AIM-9Bs SUCK.

I will second that! :help:

AIM-9Bs have a very narrow cone that they follow from almost directly behind the enemy planes.

If they are turning or otherwise manuvering don't waste a sparrow. If they are in a shallow climb or lvl flight then you'll hit about half the time.

Lesson Learned?

AIM-9Bs SUCK.

We talking sparrows or sidewinders here? Ah, ummmm, gee, I have pretty good luck with sparrows if the radar lock is kept. Are you referring to the heatseeker sidewinder "B" re: the opposing aircraft manuvering?

Just want to keep my sparrows and 'winders happy. :) But if you really want him bad enuf, like maybe he really punched some holes in your ride, light off 1 'winder as a decoy shot if you have the angle. Then you know which way he's gonna turn. Check your speed make it mach 0.4, and if the horizon is in relation to the azimuth at 15 degrees to the east of Lat 34.55 north, Long 12.33 east, wait for the tone, crank it off and I bet you get him. (maybe) :rofl:

We talking sparrows or sidewinders here? Ah, ummmm, gee, I have pretty good luck with sparrows if the radar lock is kept. Are you referring to the heatseeker sidewinder "B" re: the opposing aircraft manuvering?

Just want to keep my sparrows and 'winders happy. :) But if you really want him bad enuf, like maybe he really punched some holes in your ride, light off 1 'winder as a decoy shot if you have the angle. Then you know which way he's gonna turn. Check your speed make it mach 0.4, and if the horizon is in relation to the azimuth at 15 degrees to the east of Lat 34.55 north, Long 12.33 east, wait for the tone, crank it off and I bet you get him. (maybe) :rofl:

Yeah, sorry, too drunk, mis-stated, should now read "sidewinder".

Yeah, sorry, too drunk, mis-stated, should now read "sidewinder".

(should I???) oh, hell yes.... I forgot ----The moon has to be in the seventh house, and jupiter must be aligned with mars......but, if all else fails, select zone 5 and GET OUTTA DODGE!!! :tomato:

I not hear the change of tone , but i 'm really near the enemy plane , if i shoot the sidewinder missle , no hit thhe plane . understand ? sorry for my english .

I not hear the change of tone , but i 'm really near the enemy plane , if i shoot the sidewinder missle , no hit thhe plane . understand ? sorry for my english .

Hunter, dont worry bout your english. With the "B" you damn near have to be dead straight astern of the Mig.

If your on "hard" settings he's ducking and dodging, and you might as well be walking on the sun.

If your that close go to guns. Try going to " enemy easy" settings to get the hang of it.

Those Sidewinders only work good in the movies. (has a hunch your messin with us).

Edited by eightlein