Sign in to follow this  
Guest capun

SuperEtendard Released

Guest capun

FoxMonter's SuperEtendard plane has been uploaded at this site and shortly at Column5's too.

He said that he will be uploading the templates shortly after he gets his new computer up and running

SUE-01.jpg

SUE-02.jpg

SUE-04.jpg

Beauty!

The cockpit closes and the wingtips fold down on roll-out? Cool, I think that is a 1st...

Guest capun
Beauty!

The cockpit closes and the wingtips fold down on roll-out? Cool, I think that is a 1st...

Nope, there are many planes that do that like the Scimitar, TBF Avenger, F2H-x Banshee, etc.

Hey Capun Just downloaded it and was just wondering what do i need to name the file in the aircraft folder as

Guest Saganuay82

Same as the aircrafts ini file.

Careful Falcon. If I recall correctly ( :wacko: ) the subfolder already has the correct name SEtendard. I may not be recalling correctly.

Alot of times I copy over the base folder with the sub-folder still inside. Of course it doesn't work, and I know better, but I do it anyways. The folder to use is the one that directly contains all the ini files, cockpit and skins folders, loading/hanger pictures, etc... I call this the "Direct" folder, and is the one to be dropped into the SF Aircraft folder.

Alot of recent download aircraft files have the direct folder name...for example...X_100 instead of X-100, so you have to change the "_" to a "-" to match the dash in the ini folder names and data. Zipping these things up can be confusing. I recently did my first beta mod and the zipper always makes a folder/subfolder type of deal. Oh well, its just one extra click to get to the direct folder.

Guest capun

OK guys

CombatAce downloading 101.

There is a quirk in the way CombatAce handles file names, for one you notice that it appends a file number to the front of the file name.

Another "quirk" is that sometimes it decides to change the name of the file, for example it will change the dash ( - ) to and undescore ( _ ), I have reported this problem and basically it's the way it is.

Sag is correct, the name of the model.ini file should be the name of the folder name. For example if the model.ini file is: Ta-183B, then the folder name under Objects\Aircraft should be Objects\Aircraft\Ta-183B

IMHO, best method to extract the file is to put the archive RAR file into a temp folder, then right click the file to get the drop down selections and use the "Extract to " selection. That usually creates a double nested folder, with the screwy CombatAce archive file name on top, with the real aircraft folder under it.

Then just move that folder to your Objects\Aircraft

Clear as Mud? :)