Sign in to follow this  
Dave

I want to know?

Someone told me long ago theres a calm before the storm,

I know; its been comin for some time.

When its over, so they say, itll rain a sunny day,

I know; shinin down like water.

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain?

I want to know, have you ever seen the rain

Comin down on a sunny day?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sit here thinking about Lt Col Holland this memorial day, (who will be buried tomorrow) I am hoping you all take the time to remember the fallen who permit us to hold BBQ's, have family gatherings and have fun on this 3 day weekend. God bless America and all who defend it.

To: Lt Col Daniel Holland

Thank you sir.....my family is forever greatful for what you did for us. RIP, we have the duty now.

S!

V/R

TSgt David J. Slavens

I'll never forget to those service people who have risen beyond the call of duty.

Forever in the debt who choose to defend the USA and NATO,SPC.Brady A. Turley III

P.S.Thanks USAMTL for your service also and heartfelt graditude to your fellow man.

Remembering;SGT. Lester Allen Moore (aka.Big AL) Who died in Bosnia trying to feed the people on an UN mission.Who had and always will be the best friend anyone could've had.I refuse to think he died in vain.God Bless all

I have 5 good friends,whom I will call Brothers, on The Wall in DC.

Yesterday I remembered the good times we had and thanked them all for giving everything they had for this country.

It is a better world because of men like them!

A person who voluntarily puts on the uniform of this country in any capacity is my brother/sister in arms. We share the strength of noble purpose that states ours is a nation worth defending, if necessary even with our own lives. I know this is not for everyone, but they will not have that special place in that long line during final rollcall. I have friends on The Wall and friends who flew off into the high ether never to return. I keep in touch with those I knew then and when we get together (fatter and older) it is like we never left each other's side. It is good to know that there are plenty of fine people in our nation that still feel the same way. I wish I could meet and talk with each and every one, get to know them, and, maybe even, swap a few lies. We do have so many shared memories.

Our soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines have gladly made this place we call home a place where the self-proclaimed expert media can dog-cuss them and others can spout off about things they know nothing about. Freedom flourishes because of their daily sacrifices. I salute those today who really make this blessed nation the best friend you can have on earth and, equally, the worst enemy you can imagine.......your choice!

Well put.