Sign in to follow this  
vikbell

Where do most of you fly?

Where do most of the pilots in this game Wings over Veitnam fly? I have watched the wov on hyper lobby there is on game up and almost no one on. Why so unpoplar? Are most of you flying strike fighter or other games. I have been fly IL2 for a couple of years and I am transisioning into jet now. Do I need to go to LOMAC or allied forces? Just wondering.

Thank you for repling.

Well umm... ahh. In the cockpit? Seriously tho Vic I can't speak for the whole group but I spend 2/3s of my "flight time" downloading and cleaning up files.99.8% of the time when I'm on line here, the folks I usually chat with or at are not logged on. I think most of us fly solo. Welcome Aboard. I browsed over from IL/FB/PF after beating them up for gobs of skin requests and I'm still here. If you miss your piston slappers download the A1H. CL

Edited by charlielima

That would be accurate what charlielima is saying.It's more d/l and modding.Welcome to the site and enhance your sims by the best mod's in the business.

I have tried to play online and experienced too much ghosting and warping to be happy so I just am well off to flying solo off line.

I have tried to play online and experienced too much ghosting and warping to be happy so I just am well off to flying solo off line.

i have been playing online for 5 yrs ,,it is un beatable...must fun i ever had ...

want to fly jets for a bit..prop planes are fun but ...love the rush of the thrust!

fill the server's and they will the up-loading the files for us...its great .get them to do the hard ..

just for the advertising..

* edit * sorry ... I read the thread title as "WHAT" do you fly most, and this is an Online "WHERE" thread. I am Sloppy and Sorry!!! :alcoholic:

For me, its all molding the sim, with the intention of somehow molding a strategic SAC vs PVO simulation -- of sorts -- out of this tactical sim, with alot of bizzaro modifications to make it work for strategic nucular combat, toe to toe with the SacRats or the Russkies. Not really interested in anything else, so I don't actually *play* SF or WoV, or any flight sim for that matter, as there is never enough time. There are some great early cold war 3rd Party SAC/PVO aircraft now, with more coming

Overall, in testing, I mostly fly Su-11 with Boopidoo's Su-15 cockpit, as I don't need much flying range and its got the performance range to test terrains, environment mods, and stuff. The drop tanks are often useful, and very needed!!

Su-9s protecting Moscow

~> http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lex...or/6b01b8f6.jpg

B-58's in the real response to Soviet invasion of Western Europe (using A-7 pit inside the incredibly amazing B-58 external model...)

~~> http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lex...or/db278455.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

I generally do MP over LAN; during summer I'm on dial-up, and for the rest of the time, I'm at college, so classes get in the way of online play for any game. I also like flying the newer planes (F-14 esp., also F-15, F-16, etc.) which to the best of my knowledge are not supported in standard online play. So, when I play, it's usually single player or LAN with my friends.

So do most of you play STRIKE FIGHTERS, WINGS OVER VIETNAM, OR WINGS OVER EUROPE. I am used to playing with many people online in a squdron flight situation. Or in a open dog fight type rooms. I see only one constant running server on the wings over veitnam hyperlobby. Are the other lobby under different names or programs that I need to look at? Do most of you have communication program that is used alot. I have much experience with the Team Speak program. Continueing to gather Information about this Simulation. :bye:

Thank you.

Hello, I am the host of the WOV server. For a variety of reasons, SFP1/WOV multiplayer has never really caught on. There are a few dedicated people who have promoted it as much as possible and they can be found almost daily at Hyperlobby if you check at the right times. Most hang out in the WOV room, though some pop in and out of the SFP1 room. I tried asking for HL support for WOE in the HL forums, but it has gone unanswered.

My intention is to host a merged WOE/WOV install. Even if HL doesn't support it directly, I think I can accomplish this by copying, pasting, and renaming the WOE exe to WOV exe. Hyperlobby can then be told to find WOV in the WOE folder, but will actually be running WOE :) I will do this and leave it up and running instead of WOV after I am certain that it works and that others are able to figure out how to get in using the same install, patches, and exe trick.

I am away from home on a work assignment. I won't be able to set up and test my server for another week. If you have WOE and WOV and want to help me validate my server, let me know.