Hello everybody.

I am new here and I like playing SFP1 so much.

But I got a problem when playing.

I don't know how to drop the bombs on targets.The bombs always missed the targets.Sometimes I drop them by diving just like the WWII dive bombers( :shock: ) but it's too fast to pull the nose up so I always hit the ground and crush.

Does anybody can tell me how to drop the bombs correctly?

Your dive bomb technique CAN actually work. You end up going to fast, so I am guessing you might be at full speed, or at least too high a speed. Anyhoo, try this. Before you go into your dive, pull throttle way back, pop your airbrakes, and if you can get slow enough, drop flaps. This will reduce airspeed and you may be able to have more hang time on the drop, and will cut back speed so you can pull out.

Other ways are to go into a shallow dive instead from a lower altitude.

Practice will help any way that you do it. Good Luck.

Thanks Hedu.

The dive-bombing technique works very well.I can control the speed when diving.

So how about the noraml bombing?

Well, to tell you the truth, that really IS normal bombing. You must remember these planes had no conventional bombsights like a High alt level bomber might.

Remember, what ever gets your plane home and you into your pajamas is a pretty good technique. Survival is the number one goal.

Work on youe accuracy and no one will bad mouth you when you are putting bombs on the target.

To add alittle to hedu's post on Dive bombing... I find it is the easiest way to get bombs on or near target. I will generally appraoch at around 10K feet, chop throttle and drop the airbrakes as Hedu suggested, then dive. I usually drop the entire load of bombs at around 2k, then retract the airbrake, and hit the throttle, zooming out from the target, weaving, as fast as possible. If flak is heavy, Ill drop lower and zoom right above the ground out from target. The lower you are, especially following terrain, the harder it is to hit you generally. Putting buildings and trees between you and the flak gunners helps your survival with the gunners, but you best not hiccup... :shock: :D

I dont usually drop flaps if there is a lot of flak becuase it takes awhile to slow and going that slow just makes you an easier target. If I find I have missed the target, then I will try a follow up with rockets and guns if I have them, often using the same approach technique.

The best thing I can suggest for level bombing is to get used to using the same altitudes and speeds when bombing and just practice your timing at dropping the ordnance. Once you are good at say, 2ooo feet, going at 500knots, then practice at 1000 feet going 750 knots. Dont want the enemy to know your exact alt. and speed do ya? :D

Good Luck...

Oh! I forgot to mention, this sim does a pretty good job of modeling your explosive death if you drop bombs from 500 feet or lower. I recommend not any lower than 1000 feet unless you have snakeeye. Havent tried a real low attack with the rockeye, not sure if the canisters were hazardous that low or not.

Thorchan

Try this for a technique for dive bombing:

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cg...t=003946#000000

In real life, we seldon used level deliveries...usually because this type of delivery resulted in too much exposure to enemy AAA and SAMs.

When we did level deliveries, it was usually at low level...so I suggest a max altitude of about 500' or so in the sim. The gunsight will not be an accurate release indicator. Instead, you will have to learn to estimate the proper release "picture" from trial and error. Do this by practicing deliveries from a set altitude and airspeed.

To escape the bomb explosion effects from a low altitude delivery, begin an aggressive pull up immediately after releasing the weapon.

Thanks all of you here.

We now have many F-4 Dive Bombers.

And so dive-bombing becomes a deadly technique for the ground. :D