Sign in to follow this  

:sad: I have a problem with my SFP1. First it starts that the game crashes after 2-3 min. to Desktop. So i uninstall the game anr even with a regeditor all the regs. I installed SFP1, patched it with the SFP1_sp051506b.exe and the SFP1_p052506.exe . Then i updated DirectX and...the game still crashes after 2 mins to Desktop. I have no mods installed the game is only patched and crashes. PLZ Help me!! :help:

My System:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

2048 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT

DirectX Version April 06 (9.0c)

NVIDIA Force Ware 77.30

Guest Sony Tuckson

hello

do you encounter this problem with other games (3d stuff...) ?

Problem could come from overheat (if it occurs on other games, or heavy programs)

i don´t have this problem with other games or 3d applications. Just on SFP1. I also have monitored my VGA all the time and with 39-40 C° it should not be overheated. :search:

What OS are you using? I recently upgraded to XP home with SP2 and my machine is running a lot better.

I don't know if the new weapons pack needs to be in or not.

Double check all the Options (Mainscreen) after the game starts. Maybe one of the keyboard keys or joystick buttons is ending the game.

I m using Win XP Pfof. with SP1. I will check the buttons again... :sad:

i rechecked all the buttons...nothing. I installed Service Pack 2 and SFP1...nothing. Still the same:game crashes after 2-3 min and i get an error massage. I copy the text of the massage and paste it here. :sad:

AppName: flightsim.exe AppVer: 5.25.6.7 ModName: flightsim.exe

ModVer: 5.25.6.7 Offset: 000081c7

im not going to try 1000 times more, if the game simply don´t work on my system im getting sick and tiered of it... :angry:

Had my share of various types of crashes but none that quickly. If you havn't tried it yet, reducing graphic settings and sound settings may help. Probably worth posting the problem at ThirdWire as well. Be prepared for lots of questions. Heres a link. ThirdWire forums.

i´ll check it out. Thx buff. ;)

i´ll check it out. Thx buff. ;)

I'm Baff [From New Scotland], not Buff [From Old Scotland]. :yes:

sry Baff! :bye: But the game still crashes after 3min with these error message. I tried to play the game unpatched and it works. When i install the latest service packs and patches the game crashes. I don´t understand it. Last weekend i formated my system and reinstall SFP1 and since i patched it...same s**t again. WTF??? :blink:

There has been quite a few crashes reported to ThirdWire but I don't recall any similar to your issues. Regarding crashes out of 3D, I've had quite a few, but they were not as predictable as yours, and I could usually get a decent amount of game time out of it. My graphics card is an ATI 9800 Pro so the issues I've had might not have much to do with your issues. I have windows 98SE sound settings at Standard Acceleration [second highest setting] and the sample rate conversion quality at "Good". [lowest setting] I'm not running ATI's most recent drivers for win98, getting better results with older drivers, so a different Nvidia driver may help. The fact that your getting some 3D time prior to crash may indicate a graphics driver issue, but I'm no expert. The biggest improvement I got was reducing ATI quality settings from "High Quality" to just "Quality." Got way better frame rates and better stability, and I think it still looks good. Thats with object textures and object detail settings on high for the in game settings. As a temporary work around, you might want to try patching to 3.2 standard on a separate install so you can at least play the game, then just keep experimenting with drivers etc. on the fully patched install. I'm sure there's lot's of people running the game on 6600GT cards and you will solve the issue eventually. Also, a post at ThirdWires tech support site will probably generate lots of ideas. Regards :)

Holy s**t! It works! I can´t tell you exactly what i have done but it works. I reinstallt all graphics, driectX and Nforce Motherboard drivers, run NTunes to get best performance and finally install SFP1 again. And now it works. Even my mods are working now. I can´t belive it... :yes:

THX again to all folks who tried to help me with my problem! :bye:

Holy s**t! It works! I can´t tell you exactly what i have done but it works. I reinstallt all graphics, driectX and Nforce Motherboard drivers, run NTunes to get best performance and finally install SFP1 again. And now it works. Even my mods are working now. I can´t belive it... :yes:

THX again to all folks who tried to help me with my problem! :bye:

Great News! [ Sometimes, computers are beyond reason, and really annoying!] :)