Sign in to follow this  
Aintry

New patches at Thirdwire.

& everyone is going to have to do the DX dance again to the June version.

Mine works fine. Except now the bombing range seems to incompatible with the newest patch.

& everyone is going to have to do the DX dance again to the June version.

Hmmm. TK himself says that DX9c April 2006 is current enough. Everything works so far with my setup.

Back up, back up, back up....remember the last time!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. TK himself says that DX9c April 2006 is current enough. Everything works so far with my setup.

In which case he's giving contradicting advice:

"After upgrading with this Service Pack, the game will require the latest version of DirectX to run correctly. To download and install the latest DirectX, please visit Microsoft website at

Web-based DirectX installer or Full DirectX installer download (52.3 MB)."

Latest version is June.

I only get the missing d3dx9_28 and _30 DLL files, it's enough to make everything run smoothly!

No, it seems to work fine with the April version of DX. But just to make sure, you might want to install the very latest version.

In which case he's giving contradicting advice:

"After upgrading with this Service Pack, the game will require the latest version of DirectX to run correctly. To download and install the latest DirectX, please visit Microsoft website at

Web-based DirectX installer or Full DirectX installer download (52.3 MB)."

Latest version is June.

From TK on the Thirdwire forum:

"And finally, please note that you might need to upgrade your DirectX version (again). If you get missing d3dx9_**.dll error, you need to click on one of the following Microsoft link to download the latest version (June 2006 version is the most current, but the game will require only the April 2006 version)..."

I'm running DX9 April 2006 and haven't gotten the missing d3x9_**.dll error, so I assume that means DX9 April 2006, which is what I have installed, is OK.

Edited by Tristan

I updated mine a few days ago and it worked fine when I added the new patch.