Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

Whats a better video card?

Which is better?  

1. 1. Which is better?

• Radeon 7000 32MB DDR
    • Voodoo 5 5500 64 MB

I have enough spare parts to build a second computer. I have two video cards, but cant decide which is best. What do you guys think? I dont think the voodoo is DDR vidram. They are both AGP. Which ever card isnt used will simply be stored as a spare. I know the second computer isnt too strong, but I have a lot of games I can play on it networked to the other one.

The second computer will be a celeron 566 w/ 320 MB PC-133 RAM.

gotta go VD5...it has glide support and all the bells and whistles! drivers can still be found at 3dguru.com( I think thats right!)

I'm Running the ATI 7000 64Mb on my backup PC ( 450/100Mhz 128Ram), It's Work's Just Fine for :twisted: looking at the desktop!

SFP-1 Look's like a slide show.

I used a Voodoo 5 before my Radeon 8500. I loved that card. Ran great, drivers were good, Glide support. Really a great card, and thats what I would recommend.

Im runnin the GeForce 4, with 64mb and DVI, love it, love it, love it, I just need more memory, and a faster processor, of course you could always get a 128mb :D , god I knows I wish I could.

Thanks fellas for your input. Looks like my second machine will have the VooDoo. I always liked that card too.