Sign in to follow this  
jtin

Anyone Else Notice This?

Stock G model, SFP1

The insides of the engine and the canopy inside seems to glow in the dark (only the dark).

post-10723-1155913243_thumb.jpg

Cockpit

post-10723-1155913253_thumb.jpg

Engine

post-10723-1155913260_thumb.jpg

Just for kicks, I looked inside, and there was the culprit! The things on the right and left are the air intakes

post-10723-1155913267_thumb.jpg

Looks like AB (It's not)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I don't see it. I just czeched mine -- F-104G, Service Patch 4 plus the first post SP4 sub-Patch (never applied the second post SP4 sub-Patch). The external model's cockpit area and inlet/engine is dark as...night.

Check to see if it happens or changes continuously or discreetly in twilight and into brighter times of day. That could offer clues to what is happening. Also, try various flight attitudes, etc...different variables.

Wow!

The game now models St. Elmo's Fire????

Is it only the Zipper, or are any other planes doing it?

check you graphic setting in the Options menu. Reflections or something like that

Wrench

Kevin Stein

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have the small patch too, version 05.25.06 (what's the second post SP4 sub patch?). It only happens on the F-104, and I have all settings on medium (for frame rates) and I think I have shadows and cockpit reflections off. It isn't a biggie, I don't fly the F-104 often, actually when I took the pictures, I was zooming around using F6 and I saw that the F-104 glows in the dark! If I really wanted to fix it, I would probably just go into to the skin .bmps and color the glow in the dark parts black or gray. Thanks for you help! :good: