Sign in to follow this  
Jug

Quacking Ducks

The background chatter tapes, which I think adds a lot to the immersion, seem to play at a speed that is too fast. Anybody have any ideas as to how to make them sound less like a flock of ducks and more like pilots talking in the background?

Download a program called Audacity; it's one of the best sound file editors around and not too hard to use. There's a selection in it to change the playback speed without affecting anything else.

The background chatter tapes, which I think adds a lot to the immersion, seem to play at a speed that is too fast. Anybody have any ideas as to how to make them sound less like a flock of ducks and more like pilots talking in the background?

Is this the first time you've used the chatter files? If not, have the files always sounded as if they were playing back too fast, or have playback characteristics changed over time?

Changes in pitch and speed might be symptoms of a sound card driver problem.

Windows XP has a simple "Sound recorder" that can slow/speed sound files. Very simple, intuitive.

Click START-ALL PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES-ENTERTAINMENT

I use it to change volume levels of flaps, afterburner, etc.

Windows XP has a simple "Sound recorder" that can slow/speed sound files. Very simple, intuitive.

Click START-ALL PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES-ENTERTAINMENT

I use it to change volume levels of flaps, afterburner, etc.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.