Sign in to follow this  
MigBuster

F-5C "Dirty" USAF Skoshi Project - Repainted

File Name: F-5C "Dirty" USAF Skoshi Project - Repainted

File Submitter: <a href='http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showuser=8064'>CoolHand29</a>

File Submitted: 20 Aug 2006

File Category: <a href='http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showcat=45'>SF F-5 Skins</a>

Repaint or rather "touch up" of the USAF Vietnam Skoshi Project skin for the Skoshi teams F-5C Freedom Fighter.(512x512)

Done for my benefit really but am happy to share :)

Decided the plane was too shiny after flying through all that Flak over Haiphong!!

The rudder is now also lined with the 3d model

Press the button below to download this skin and save it to your Desktop.

Only tested in WoV but should also work in WoE/SFG/SFP1

Many thanks to the Skoshi team for the fantastic F-5C model and Sony Tuckson for the original skin work.

regards

MigBuster30 - 20th August 2006

<a href='http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=3113'>Click here to download this file</a>

One of my best friends that I left behind in another life flew the Skoshi Tiger in 'Nam. He was killed flying U-2s elsewhere. He and I knew each other well since he was a linebacker for OU and I played offensive line at Auburn. I can't remember which team won when we squared our pilot training classes off at Columbus AFB, MS, but he and I relived some fond memories. I think of him often and this mod takes me back to him. Thanks.

CoolHand,

can you come up with some matching textures for the droptanks ? That would complete that dirty kite :D

thanks

Crusader/MoonJumper

CoolHand,

can you come up with some matching textures for the droptanks ? That would complete that dirty kite :D

thanks

Crusader/MoonJumper

I will take a look and see what I can do.

One of my best friends that I left behind in another life flew the Skoshi Tiger in 'Nam. He was killed flying U-2s elsewhere. He and I knew each other well since he was a linebacker for OU and I played offensive line at Auburn. I can't remember which team won when we squared our pilot training classes off at Columbus AFB, MS, but he and I relived some fond memories. I think of him often and this mod takes me back to him. Thanks.

Well I am honoured and I am really glad you like the skin :)

I give my total respect to your friend - he must have been a good pilot to get chosen for that project - and he got to fly the only plane that could turn with the Mig 17 from what I have read.

Yes us dreamers can only marvel at what real combat pilots had to go through!