Sign in to follow this  
Zurawski

F/A-37A Talon ~ Alpha 2.0 ready for download...

I've been swamped with real life, but wanted to share the progress made up to this point...

Download here: Zur-TECH.com

Well... What are you waiting for? GO DOWN LOAD IT! :crazy:

I am, I am jeez you are pushy...... :lol:

Thanks this thing rocks! What an awsome machine! I can tell you this @ about 900-1000 knts she catches on fire then explodes when @ full afterburner lol! :clapping:

Thanks this thing rocks! What an awsome machine! I can tell you this @ about 900-1000 knts she catches on fire then explodes when @ full afterburner lol! :clapping:

Thanks DBones!

The engine modeling is still very much a "work in progress"... Thus the pretty fire works at speed. Basicly it's a matter of tweaking the rpm and temapture variable of the engines.

Once I finalize all the LODs inside and out I'll break out my slide rule and square all this away.

Edited by Zurawski

That rear-view camera is absolutely inspired!

Kick straight up after a bomb run, and see the damage!

:clapping:

I've been swamped with real life, but wanted to share the progress made up to this point...

Download here: Zur-TECH.com

Well... What are you waiting for? GO DOWN LOAD IT! :crazy:

I generally avoid posts that simply say "me too," but this is one that I just have to post to say a great big ol THANKS! :ok:

I hope you fixed that nose and canopy, Zurawski, because if you didn't... :nono:

Haha, just kidding, I'll download this as soon as I get home. (Currently stuck in Lost Vegas while my parents are at a convention. What kind of an upstanding hotel like the MGM doesn't even have the Discovery Channel!?)

I hope you fixed that nose and canopy, Zurawski, because if you didn't... :nono:

Haha, just kidding, I'll download this as soon as I get home. (Currently stuck in Lost Vegas while my parents are at a convention. What kind of an upstanding hotel like the MGM doesn't even have the Discovery Channel!?)

Damn it!... You watch me like a hawk. :slow(en):

Nope... not fixed in this build. (It's on the list though)... I need to be careful how I pull verts around or I'll end up hosing the paint jobs!

actually I've yet to poly-optimize the bird fully yet... I figure I can shave 200+ polys off her still. I'll tackle the nose and canopy when I clean all that up. (Though... unlike you, I'm partial to the rounded nose) :tomato:

And what area would you be shaving those polys of off her? :crazy:

Edit: ... Right, I need to stop thinking like that. Think of something else...

Something dark, and mysterious...

... Like vaginas!

Edit #2: Oh, and do you think it would be possible to give us a list of what you've updated and/or changed? (I.e., the nose... The canopy... Etc...)

Edited by Sky Captain

Edit #2: Oh, and do you think it would be possible to give us a list of what you've updated and/or changed? (I.e., the nose... The canopy... Etc...)

Naw... I prefer to keep you guys on your toes by making you try and figure out what's changed!... :diablo:

Woohoo! Finally got it downloaded (got home day a-fore yesterday) and this new one is...

... The same? :haha: The new cockpit is cool though. (Except the HUD and temporary mock-up MFD's make me a sad panda) I really hope you're not planning on keeping that HUD there.

Woohoo! Finally got it downloaded (got home day a-fore yesterday) and this new one is...

... The same? :haha: The new cockpit is cool though. (Except the HUD and temporary mock-up MFD's make me a sad panda) I really hope you're not planning on keeping that HUD there.

"Baby steps" young one... "baby steps".

What you don't see is some poly optimization... animation timings... engine tweaking... DM tweaking... load and start screens... the starting of the cockpit...

Concidering I get "maybe" 2 to 3 hours on the PC 2 to 3 times week... I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to accomplish! :tongue:

And unless you've unlocked new things within the Thirdwire engine... we are stuck with a HUD. I tried just projecting onto the windscreen but there is no sence of depth and the read-outs appear to be floating in mid-air.

Got a better idea?

:rofl:

Edited by Zurawski

Take the HUD away? :crazy: Or maybe you (or someone else) could work on another version of the cockpit without the HUD, but with the MFD's (just like in the Moveh! :crazy:), but still keep this one for those who like it.

Or, just leave it as it is. I don't care either way, I guess, I just want the plane.

Edited by Sky Captain