Sign in to follow this  
robert

Joystick control?

hello everybody!

is there any option to activate the joystick for playing this game?

i've tried to enter to settings > controls and didn't found anything related to my joystick.

any ideas??

THX in advance.

Edited by robert

hello everybody!

i've tried to enter to settings > controls and didn't found anything related to my joystick.

any ideas??

THX in advance.

I've tired playing it with a joystick too, but have not gotten it to work. I'm not sure it can use one.

I know someone that does play it with a joystick while flying. It's always been to awkward for me and I've just learned to fly with the keyboard....

I'll see if he can help ya.

Guest 531_Ghost

What joystick we talkin' 'bout here? Perhaps I can help?

hello everybody!

any ideas??

THX in advance.

Your looking into it too hard. I've used every $20 Wal-Mart special under the sun for BF2. Last one I used was/is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. A simple and effective joystick, no need for a bunch of binds as this is pure arcade style flying. Simply go in and change key settings by pressing the button/moving the axis on your joystick that correlates to what you want to do. I had my fixed wing binds set up exactly like my rotary wing binds, chaff, maxed out my yaw, etc. Mainly being a FPS type, I have throttle bound to "W" and afterburners bound to "Shift". Lastly, I bind TS to my joystick so I don't have to use the mouse or keyboard to speak. You can customize your binds for every vehicle in BF2 in about five minutes. I was going to try my x-52 out on BF2, but never got around to it. Personally, I prefer the cheap ones over the x-52 because it has way too much play in it. Lack of precise control is a crashed whirly bird on BF2....but you'll respawn again in 10 sec, so there's plenty of time to get the hang of it. Hope this helps.