Sign in to follow this  
column5

Wings Over Europe: NATO Fighters

WOECEP1.jpg

COMING SOON!

I am happy to announce the first in a series of new expansion packs for Wings Over Europe. NATO Fighters leverages many individual mods released over the last four years to significantly enhance the WOE experience.

The most obvious omission in WOE is the lack of the ubiquitous F-104G Starfighter employed throughout the 1960s and 70s by many NATO air forces. WOE:NF adds this important aircraft and updates the 1968 and 1979 campaigns to include several flyable NATO squadrons. In addition, the pack adds the outstanding Lightning F.6, the Belgian Mirage 5BA, and other aircraft, all fully integrated into the campaigns. Finally, a number of visual enhancements breathe additional life into the environment.

I must stess that all of the mods included in this pack are already available. This series of expansions simply brings them all together in one place, fully integrates them into the campaigns and makes installation a snap. The goal is not to include every NATO squadron, but a representitive selection of units to allow players to fly for nations other than the US, Great Britain and West Germany.

Here is a list of expected features:

New Aircraft:

F-84F Thunderstreak

F-104G Starfigther

Lightning F6

Mirage 5BA

Su-15TM Flagon

Su-17M Fitter

Campaign Updates:

- Added Belgian No. 2 Squadron in F-84F

- Added Belgian No. 350 Squadron in F-104G

- Added Danish Esk 723 in F-104G

- Added RAF No. 11 Squadron in Lightning F6

- Added RNLAF 311 and 322 Squadrons in F-104G

- Added West German JG31 and JG74 in F-104G

- Added Belgian No. 1 Squadron in Mirage 5BA

- Added Belgian No. 350 Squadron in F-104G

- Added Canadian No. 421 Squadron in F-104G

- Added Danish Esk 723 in F-104G

- Added RAF No. 11 Squadron in Lightning F6

- Added RNLAF 311 and 322 Squadrons in F-104G

- Added two Soviet SU-15TM units as adversaries

- Added two Soviet SU-17M units as adversaries

The pack also includes Deuces' Effects Pack 3 and enhanced WOE terrain, JSF_Aggie's high-resolution airbases and a custom weapons selection for the add-on planes.

This pack is in final testing and should be ready in 2 to 3 weeks! Additional packs will follow, each focusing on a specific theme such as adding the French AdA, and naval operations.

This is an official addon, or something the guys out here are putting together? Either way, this is one more reason for me to get WoE. :pilot:

This is an official addon, or something the guys out here are putting together? Either way, this is one more reason for me to get WoE. :pilot:

This is a free community project. I am assembling mods from the past 4 years and putting them together in one unified pack, and making sure that the campaigns are updated to take full advantage of them.

I am using, or planning to use work form the following people:

Deuces

Sony Tuckson

JetZ

JSF_Aggie

RussoUK2002

Mirage Factory

Tiwaz

Boopidoo

Armourdave

...and others. I'm still in the process of finalizing permissions but so far everyone has been keen to contribute their work.

This is without a doubt one of the finest modding communities for flight sims, or any other type of sim for that matter, that I have ever found. The folks here are the best. Can't wait to see it. Thanks to all the contributors.

Great thing Column5 but don't you think some french mirage should be added to that list...I mean where are The mirage F1C/CR

The early Mirage 2000 C RDM even though the french air force only got these models in 1983.

what about the french Jaguar A?

I mean, France would have been part of the defense of europe if the soviets would have invaded!

Absolutely we need some French aircraft! This will get a pack of its own though, at the very least with the Mirage III series, and probably the Mystere and Ouragan as well. I wish we had a Vautour, too.

So no worries, I intend for the French to be fully represented in Pack 2 or 3.

Edited by column5

Can you please add some F-100D Squadrons? Denmark used F-100D. Or maybe even a Swedish Tunnan Squadron?

Edited by tigertompa

Danish F-100s are a good idea. I'll look into it. Probably no Swedish units in this pack.

Preview of the new WOE-style hangar screens for the new flyable aircraft:

Mirage5BA_Hangar_sm.jpg

F-104G_Hangar_sm.jpg

F-84F_Hangar_sm.jpg

LightningF6_Hangar_sm.jpg