Sign in to follow this  
allenjb42

SF Skins reorganisation

Why have you moved my A-26 skins from the general skins to the WW2 skins? I specifically did not post them to the WW2 section as they were from the Korean war or other conflicts, such as Cuba or Indochina.

I also noticed that you've moved LloydNB's Suez skins to WW2 as well.

Edited by allenjb42

I've posted a question about this in the Staff forum for you.

I know that it wasn't me :dntknw:

The A26 was built during WW2, but seen action in the Korean War and Vietnam. I may have moved the Skins to match the location of the Aircraft Add-On that they get applied to. I could do a simple fix and rename the WW2 section to : WW2-Korean War, but the overall plan is to remove the era tags all together and lists each aircraft skin by the model number to which it should apply. Thus it will eventually be listed under A26 and varients as I will likely but A26, B26, A26A all in one skin category....but that would depend somewhat on which model that they are made for.

As these categories become more and more filled, we definitely need to stay on top of the organization of the entire section. This is quite a task with the incredible support we get from modders uploading the mods. You are correct that since there was no "Correct" section that it should just be put in general. Give me a few days and I'll attempt to sort the entire SKINS section out by weeks end.

Cheers!~

Fates

The A26 was built during WW2, but seen action in the Korean War and Vietnam. I may have moved the Skins to match the location of the Aircraft Add-On that they get applied to. I could do a simple fix and rename the WW2 section to : WW2-Korean War, but the overall plan is to remove the era tags all together and lists each aircraft skin by the model number to which it should apply. Thus it will eventually be listed under A26 and varients as I will likely but A26, B26, A26A all in one skin category....but that would depend somewhat on which model that they are made for.

As these categories become more and more filled, we definitely need to stay on top of the organization of the entire section. This is quite a task with the incredible support we get from modders uploading the mods. You are correct that since there was no "Correct" section that it should just be put in general. Give me a few days and I'll attempt to sort the entire SKINS section out by weeks end.

Cheers!~

Fates

I have the A-26A and B. I there a seperate B-26? I couldn't find one anywhere.

Scrapper

I moved them to the WWII section last night in an effort to keep the downloads more organzied. The A-26 is a WWII era aircraft and even though it served in other wars, it was still a WWII aircraft. I was up until 5 am this morning organizing files in the SF section because it was a mess. If it was a WWII era plane I moved it. There is still more to do yet. I really do not understand what the fuss is about.

I moved them to the WWII section last night in an effort to keep the downloads more organzied. The A-26 is a WWII era aircraft and even though it served in other wars, it was still a WWII aircraft. I was up until 5 am this morning organizing files in the SF section because it was a mess. If it was a WWII era plane I moved it. There is still more to do yet. I really do not understand what the fuss is about.

I'm not making a fuss, I was just a bit suprised that they had been moved. I'd already guessed that it was because the aircraft was originally a WW2 one, despite serving in many wars afterwards.

I agree, though, that all the skins should be arranged by aircraft type as that would make it a lot easier for people to find a skin for a plane that isn't one of the stock aircraft list individually at present.

Keep up the good work guys.